Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Roman would say, from Alleged confidential documents.

PROPERTY: former site of F1 track proposal

Erf: 173970
Extent: 50.53ha
Owner: ACSA
Zoning: Rural
Applicant: NM Associates

PROPOSAL

4 Warehousing/Industrial: 14ha
3 undeveloped portions: 9.3ha ( may be released in future depending on demand)
Conservation Area:19ha
Wetland Buffer: 5.57ha
Retention Pond: 0.61 ha
Built Road: 1.15ha
Planned Road: 1 ha
Maximum GLA: 79,000 sqm

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From ACSA

Precinct 3 - Industrial Development Zone (IDZ)

Although still in its infancy, the IDZ is expected to attract industries that produce and transport products that have a relatively low mass and high value, for example:

Aerospace and defence
Information and communications technology
Electronics and avionics
Pharmaceutical and bio-medical
Chemicals and plastics
Logistics-related centres and services

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
^^ ahh ok. Well from the CTIA thread, future plans:
Long-term planning will incorporate remote parking alongside midfield satellite terminal buildings, parallel to the main terminal buildings. These will be linked to the main complex by an underground passage equipped with moving walkways, speeding up passenger boarding and disembarkation.
NEW RUNWAY

The long-term airport plans also incorporate a second and third runway (particularly to accommodate the A380). This R400m project is planned for completion in 2015.
I still want to know about the R2 Billion needed for the runway.

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ ahh ok. Well from the CTIA thread, future plans:

I still want to know about the R2 Billion needed for the runway.
Been trying to get the info.

I am trying my best to get these alleged confidential documents.

Don't be hating!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
ah don't stress.
It does not help when you have such documents but you have to wait for the news to go public- Thats irritating

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just kidding.

When have I ever waited? I've only not shared like 4 times in 5 years.

Don't be holding back those Bafana marketing plans!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
And I was speaking generally...

Lets see how far things go with this precinct. I wish they'd get rid of that City Lodge.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Been trying to get the info.

I am trying my best to get these alleged confidential documents.

Don't be hating!
The City seems opposed to additional runways and would probably object to this, primary reason being the density of residential surrounding the area and they would rather have the airport relocated to the site earmarked outside Atlantis

·
Annman
6,981 Posts
^^ Sometimes, the CoCT makes silly statements, I concede. A new international airport... think that's a bit far-fetched. We're not a DIA scenario where we can't accommodate long-haul flights. Think that idea is too expensive and silly in the medium/short-term.

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The City seems opposed to additional runways and would probably object to this, primary reason being the density of residential surrounding the area and they would rather have the airport relocated to the site earmarked outside Atlantis
As far as I know thats just the wishful spatial planning people who have no real weight to back up what they propose.

I mean they can hardly agree on a densification policy saying they need to "look at it again..."

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
^^ Sometimes, the CoCT makes silly statements, I concede. A new international airport... think that's a bit far-fetched. We're not a DIA scenario where we can't accommodate long-haul flights. Think that idea is too expensive and silly in the medium/short-term.
Exactly.
They have to agree for another or at least a realignment 'for now' as the current one is running at capacity.

Also, the public is more likely to agree to an expansion, i.e a new runway, then a relocation.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Agreed with Mo, it will probably take 30-50 years for them to relocate the airport. Relocating the airport is not an easy task and it involves ALOT of money. Rather relocate the residence that is suffering from noise pollution and poverty. Theres MANY places in the City where residential or commercial properties can be densified.

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if they moved it to Atlantis they would at least have IRT but there simply be more congestion on an already congested route.

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Increasing demand for Cape Town industrial space

Published: November 2, 2010Posted in: NewsTags:

There’s been a noticeable increase in enquiries for industrial space in Cape Town, says Marius Basson, regional director for JHI property services group.

This demand is from light industrial users looking for space up to around 600 m2, as well as larger users seeking space over 3 000 m2.

“Since the second half of the year the industrial property sector has experienced an upturn in enquiries for industrial space – a factor which is usually one of the first indicators of economic recovery. In the northern suburbs there is growing demand mainly in the 3 000 to10 000 m2 range, particularly for FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) warehousing and distribution facilities. Generally there is more confidence in the market, so there are more enquiries from high quality businesses. Some of them – including blue chip companies – have indicated they are planning future expansion.
“For instance, a major national food retailer is building to expand its facility in this region to almost double the current accommodation. In addition, JHI broker Johan Kirchner recently concluded a transaction for a five year lease of 12 880 m2 of industrial space in Tygerberg Business Park on behalf of the Fuel Logistics group. There is also demand from upcountry businesses for sizeable manufacturing plants which may require heavy electricity supply – another positive indicator for the Western Cape. Also in the northern suburbs, large warehousing with large yard facilities seem to be popular and we are also receiving enquiries for cold storage facilities.”

In Paarden Eiland, within easy reach of Cape Town harbour and the central city, JHI broker Seamus Daly recently concluded the sale of a prime 3 000 m2 commercial property to the Johannesburg-based Union Tiles to launch its Cape Town store. Other transactions recently concluded by JHI include a lease of 1 800 m2 – also in Paarden Eiland, and leases of 3 000 m2 and 600 m2 in Montague Gardens – a high-profile light industrial area.
Basson says areas in demand among industrial users – particularly those who want to rent – include the well established area of Epping, between the N2 and N1 close to the Cape Town CBD and the port, as well as easy access to all major routes and Cape Town International Airport. Industrial buildings are for sale here ranging in size from 3 000 to 8 000 m2 and priced from R3 500/m2, which he says is a good price for this area.

“The improvements to road infrastructure have boosted interest in industrial space, and areas close to well-established business nodes are also very attractive to industrial users. In Sheffield Business Park in Lansdowne Road – near the M7 and with easy access to the harbour and airport – only two sites of 3 000 and 7 000 m2 are still available for sale at R1 000/m2. A major national retailer has taken about 14ha of space for a distribution centre, and a 9 000 m2 site has been bought by a leading manufacturer of hot water cylinders.
In The Stables, in Killarney Gardens off the N7, 70 000 m2 of space has been taken up for a bus depot. This industrial park is easily accessible by staff living in nearby areas, and here land is available to buy at R1 250/m2, as well as a 2 500 m2 building priced at R13.125 million.

For businesses that want to lease space, there is light industrial accommodation ranging in size from 100 to 3 000 m2 at R30-R35/m2.

Basson says in the northern suburbs the current rate for industrial space to rent ranges from R20/m2 in the older areas up to R45/m2 in newer developments, with leases being concluded on either three or five year terms.

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
OK so on this first plan of the airport and its zones where is the 2nd runway planned to be?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Construction of more factories are well underway at the northern logistics node (represented in dark yellow on the development map).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts