• 3 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Whatever
45,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ajuda National Palace - Lisbon - Portugal

Although never finished, only one third of it was actually built, it is still one of the most amazing and unknown portuguese palaces.

Here are some pics of the palace mostly all taken by me.

The palace has it should be if completed.

·
braaaap all day!
Lss911
4,714 Posts
Glad the front stairs weren`t built!! those are horrible!!
The rest of it is nice! Specially the interior!

·
braaaap all day!
Lss911
4,714 Posts
The facade we can see now is the side one of the inicial project. Theproject also recived some modifications in thelate XIX century. It is inicially in neoclassical style but there are some posterior parts of the palace in neogothical style and other romantic interventions.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
8.5/10

Very elegant and great proportions!Unfortunately we will never know how it would look with its full beauty completed.

Valia said:
I'm sorry (and all the people, presume) that this magnificent palace of Queluz dont was completed. Even so he is very pretty, mainly the interior. 8/10
I guess you made a confusion between Queluz Palace that was the royal Palace of Portugal for a long time,and that is fully completed,with this one.Here is a photo showing a part of Queluz Palace:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Phobos said:
8.5/10

Very elegant and great proportions!Unfortunately we will never know how it would look with its full beauty completed.

I guess you made a confusion between Queluz Palace that was the royal Palace of Portugal for a long time,and that is fully completed,with this one.Here is a photo showing a part of Queluz Palace:

Thnk Phobos. Sorry. Rate for Queluz 10/10 :D

·
17,935 Posts
Quite like, it's just a shame that's it's never been finished. Only a third of the original project was completed!!

·
קוסובו ה
1,409 Posts
8/10

1 - 20 of 47 Posts