SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant tell the location though NSSF Building is visible on the first image. Could be Upper Hill proper or Community.

PROJECT: Akili Tower
VALUE: £TBC
CLIENT: Private

Akili Tower is a 30 storey mixed use tower in Upper Hill, Nairobi, Kenya. The proposed site is on the prow of the hill over looking the Uhuru Park and the Central Business District. The shape of the tower is defined by the above ground requirement for car parking which forms the 6 levels separating the lower 3 levels of retail from the upper levels offices, restaurants and residential.

The car parking is a continuous ramp around the central core. The concrete external structural shell sets up a framework for the different uses a which have a different elevation treatments, appropriate to their use.

The deck level separating the car parking and the tower above contains restaurants opening on to the large terrace and gym with views over the city.

Open plan offices occupy the next 12 floors with residential and penthouses over the top 6 floors.

Source

·
Registered
355 Posts
the bottom layer of the building looks exactly like the parking that they are currently building...Could it go ontop of that parking,?

·
Registered
51 Posts
For me, the locations seems to be the empty space in Upper Hill ( Community Area) right opposite Afya House & the new Low Courts across the road...right next to it is the NSSF's parking building then the NSSF tower. Initially the space hosted an Adminstration Police camp with wooden houses that were razed down some years back... The description of location seems fit...

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
^^I know it it's quite huge...if they build it there it's gonna look delicious from kenyatta avenue looking towards upperhill but that below of the building looks like the parking lot currently being added floors ..

·
Engineer d's art't enjoys
6,379 Posts
It is ugly

·
Lights of Africa
753 Posts
it's next to the parking and the plot has been fenced for quite a while

·
6,379 Posts
Do you ever find anything beautiful?
Yeah I do............I have said here quite often that Britam is beautiful, Prism is very beautiful, Le Mac is very beautiful, The proposed Jabavu Village Tower is very very beautiful,the proposed Upper Hill Square is very very very beautiful but this tower here is just ugly. I don't understand why they should invest so much in so big a tower only to come up with an ugly design.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Yeah I do............I have said here quite often that Britam is beautiful, Prism is very beautiful, Le Mac is very beautiful, The proposed Jabavu Village Tower is very very beautiful,the proposed Upper Hill Square is very very very beautiful but this tower here is just ugly. I don't understand why they should invest so much in so big a tower only to come up with an ugly design.
So you are in the 100% glass facade is beautiful and everthing else is not category.There is more to facades than glass

·
6,379 Posts
So you are in the 100% glass facade is beautiful and everthing else is not category.There is more to facades than glass
The moment you started putting words into my mouth is the moment I realized you're a special case and gave up. Move on.

·
6,379 Posts
Okay, it's beautiful. Are you happy now? Go buy yourself some ice cream now.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
It looks great and a great edition to the ever growing Upper Hill skyline.

Lots of new towers will b U/C this year :banana:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts