Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Develop a five-star hotel and spa complex in central Doha on a site that contains natural woods have been met with protests from some Qatar residents.

Construction for the Al Messila Hotel and VVIP Spa Resort is taking place at an area dubbed “Al Messila forest,” which features hundreds of indigenous trees and sits alongside the Doha Expressway, opposite the US Embassy.

According to Qatari environmental activist Khalid Al Mohannadi, work on the site began earlier this year, and at least 600 trees have been dug up to prepare the ground for the luxury retreat.

He said the copse included some 1,100 trees and has been there for more than 50 years. It continued to grow after its life as a plant nursery, and became home to an ecosystem of birds and other wildlife.

However, the engineering consultants responsible for the development of the site said that they are protecting all the trees in on-site nursery, and the foliage will be re-planted once the resort is completed.

Both Unii Engineering and Greek engineering and management consultants Salfo & Associates, who are responsible for the structural and MEP design and engineering, have posted plans for the new development on their websites.

The 132,000sqm site will include 50,000sqm of built-up area, including a five-star hotel, spa and villas – with the aim of being Qatar’s largest and most luxurious spa, according to Salfo.

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Im against this project as it takes up a huge chunk of the greenery that is found in Central Doha. They could have build it as a beach resort somewhere.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ its not the owner mistake that there are trees on his land :lol:

he also wanna bandit from his land

if i were in his place i won't think about 1 single tree :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ its a government property and the developer is the private engineering office as far as I know
I'm sure they won't cut the trees

they are very environmental friendly and I'm sure they will transfer the trees to some other location…

they bring trees from Brazil for Aspair park :lol:that can easily put them somewhere else

·
doha rulz...
988 Posts
Cutting the trees and an area so rare to find in this country for resort and spa ?? cmon fellas aint that unfair ??

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
common guys you are talking to me as if I'm guilty or its my project.. I just found it and post it

اياني واياكم اشوف واحد منكم رايح يسوي مساج هناك عقب :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was initially against it, but after reading this:

However, the engineering consultants responsible for the development of the site said that they are protecting all the trees in on-site nursery, and the foliage will be re-planted once the resort is completed.
I'm all for it :)

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

1 - 18 of 18 Posts