SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
QATAR - Al-Rayyan Stadium (44,740) - 2022 FIFA WC

The existing Al-Rayyan Stadium with a seating capacity of 21,282 will be expanded to 44,740 seats using modular elements to form an upper tier. The stadium is designed with a special "media membrane" facade that acts as a screen for projecting news, updates and current matches. The stadium will be downsized to its current capacity after the tournament.

·
4,061 Posts
Damn, that video screen wrap was going on London Olympic Stadium 2012 before they realised they had no money for it, at least lack of capital won't be a hinderance in the world cup 2022. :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
This one is the best of 2022! So beautiful just watch the game from outside lol.
Although looking at its location on google earth and some current pictures of the stadium, I'm not sure what you'd be doing outside the stadium if you weren't attending the game. It's not like you would be just strolling by on your way to somewhere else and catch the game on the screen. As far as I can tell the stadium has nothing at all near it.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although looking at its location on google earth and some current pictures of the stadium, I'm not sure what you'd be doing outside the stadium if you weren't attending the game. It's not like you would be just strolling by on your way to somewhere else and catch the game on the screen. As far as I can tell the stadium has nothing at all near it.
In 12 years time, developments and expansion of the Doha conurbation would have swallowed this stadium into its outskirts. so it wouldn't really be so isolated anymore.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The electric energy cost of this stadium is huge.
If you don't know the facts, don't speak !

This stadium's screen and cooling system will all be powered by solar power.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im talking about the exterior screens. I mean, all the facade
Yes i was talking about the exterior,

The facade screen, the lightning in and around the stadium, the cooling system etc all run with Solar power and eco-friendly cooling techniques.

and that applies to all Qatar 2022 World Cup stadiums, all are solar powered.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ Al-Rayyan Sports Club complex :)

Thank god it was built on the far outskirts of the city, the quick growth of the Doha Conurbation will quickly swallow up this stadium into its outskirts by the time of the FIFA World Cup, insuring its not so isolated.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 92 Posts