SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1918 Posts

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infrastructure Development Thread

Ketu munde te postoni, debatoni, komentoni, rreth infrastruktures Shqipetare(Shqiperi, Kosovë, etj.)

Ketu behet fjale per rruge, hekurudha, aeroporte.

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hekurudhat e Kosovës së shpejti pjesë e rrjetit të integruar të hekurudhave evropiane (RTK)

Grupi punues për hekurudhat dhe Komisioni Evropian, po punojnë që ”Hekurudhat e Kosovës”, së shpejti të bëhen pjesë e rrjetit të integruar të hekurudhave evropiane.
"Përkunder kushteve të rënda ekonomike, jemi duke punuar që të kemi transport të udhëtarëve për Evropë dhe anasjelltas”, deklaroi drejtori i Hekurudhave të Kosovës, Xhevat Ramosaj.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
I'm trying to find out are there any new developments concerning the Albanian railways. Where the hell is the original Albanian railways thread? Is it still alive? Or is there a better place to find out?

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Nisin fluturimet Prishtinë - Zagreb

Prej dje është lëshuar në qarkullim linja ajrore Prishtinë - Zagreb dhe anasjelltas. Ushtruesi i detyrës së drejtorit të Aeroportit Ndërkombëtar Agron Mustafa e vlerëson funksionimin e kësaj linje të re si një mundësi e mire për udhëtarë dhe beson në rritjen e konkurrencës në mes të avio kompanive.
Pra që nga dje të gjithë qytetarët kanë mundësi ata që dëshirojnë të udhëtojnë nga Prishtina për në Zagreb dhe anasjelltas.

List of cities, Prishtina Intl Airport is linked to directly: (notice, 8 out of these 21 cities are German cities)

Antalya
Berlin
Budapest
Cologne
Copenhagen
Dusseldorf
Frankfurt
Geneve
Hamburg
Hannover
Istanbul
Ljubljana
London
Muenchen
New York
Stuttgart
Tirana
Verona
Vienna
Zagreb
Zurich

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Opening of the Business lounge in Prishtina International Airport J.S.C
Prishtina International Airport J.S.C, in its plans and projects for 2008, had also
the modification of the passenger terminal, in order to provide facilities to
passengers that attend this Airport, by increasing areas for passengers and by
reorganizing parts of the services in such manner that will ease passengers
processing.
Within these projects, were ‘business lounge’, which opening was done today
on 29th May 2008, with capacity of 200m2 by meeting requirements for
passengers that frequent our Airport. Main aim of this centre is to provide as
much as more qualitative services to passengers.
By thanking PIAs’ Board of Directors and airlines for their continuous support
to the PIAs’ projects, Managing Director (acting) Mr. Agron Mustafa, stated:
‘This is only beginning of the changes within Departure Terminal and soon will
finish the overall project hat will increase number of the counters for passenger
Check in, Police counters for passport control, and as well to increase overall
area capacity, that will facilitate obviously passengers processing during this
summer season’.

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prishtina International Airport: 20% more passengers in 2008

Prishtina, KOSOVO – Officials of Prishtina International Airport (PIA) have reported a 20% increase of passengers for the first half of 2008.

After reaching a new record of 1.1 million passengers in 2007, PIA reports 20% more passengers and 13% more flights for the first half of 2008. Facing this increase, airport authorities have undertaken a series of investments in the airport. PIA has reported a profit of 7.7 million Euros for 2007 while, according to airport officials, this profit is expected to double in 2008.

Prishtina International Airport was the first airport in the region to offer direct flights to USA. Direct flights from PIA to JFK (New York) were first introduced in June 2007.
Link: http://www.eciks.org/english/lajme.php?action=total_news&main_id=817

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So according to that previous article i posted, there has been an increase of 100 000 more passangers for the first half.

If you look at last years numbers (1.1 milion) break that in half and you got 550 000. Plus the 100 000 increase that is 650 000 for the first half, and if this trend continues PIA will end this year with 1.3 milion passangers.

I know you can not look at it this way as there are different seasons throughout the year, which bring different numbers of passangers, but its worth mentioning that the peak months are still ahead and that is july and august.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Does anyone have website for Kosovo's railways or schedules? How many of those lines are in working condition? It's great that Prishtina seems to have a rail line to the airport, but are there regular trains that go there and how far is the train station from the airport terminal?

I'm not a train buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I am very interested in the development of railroads in particular and public transportation in general since they're crucial to the overall development of the country.

Peja Train Station:
Seems like my work f-ing blocks imageshack, but thanks for putting it here. I'll make sure to check this picture out as I'm very interested to see what Kosovo's train stations look like considering that the ones in Albania are absolutely disgraceful.

Peja Train Station:
No news in the meanwhile?
No. Albanian railways are an embarrasement to talk about. Railways are the only thing in Albania which was better 10-15 yrs ago than what it is today. There has been no investment at all and the network is crumbling. A few years ago when they canceled the building of the new Tirana-Airport-Durres line, I was in agreement because I thought Albania had more urgent infrastructure projects to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on, but looking back I wish it had been done since even today the roadway between Tirana and Durres is a parking lot in the Summer. Hopefully they will revive the plans for that line in the near future and then expand them to the other lines.

Prishtina International Airport: 20% more passengers in 2008
Great news. I wonder if the declaration of independence and the many people who visited Kosovo then had something to do with it.

Prishtina International Airport was the first airport in the region to offer direct flights to USA. Direct flights from PIA to JFK (New York) were first introduced in June 2007.
Such statements are retarded and makes you wonder about the authenticity of the rest of what they say. First of all, the NY flight doesn't exist anymore and is not coming back this Summer. Second of all, how do they figure that PRN (and not PIA btw) was the first airport in the region to offer direct flights to the US. Sofia used to have scheduled flights to the US as late as the 90s. Bucharest had flights until the early 2000s and then Delta started a new flight last year (which is being discontinued after this Summer but nonetheless). Belgrade, Zagreb, Lubjana, Skopje (and Ohrid?) had direct flights to the US on JAT at different times in the 80s. Plus Belgrade also had the short lived service on Uzbekistan Airways to NY in the early 2000s. And service to TIA from JFK on those charter flights started at the same time, and some (if not all) of the flights were routed JFK-TIA-PRN-TIA-SNN-JFK. And I'm not even bringing airports like Athens or Budapest in the mix. So how do they figure that they were the first airport in the region with flights to the US? And I'm not even bringing airports like Athens or Budapest in the mix.

Yes, the NY flight was a big deal but there is no point to artificially hype it because that's not professional, to say the least.

1 - 20 of 1918 Posts