SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 652 Posts

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately we have build many new highways and a lot are still under construction especially the corridor 8 which will finish soon i think that links us with kosova!! if you have pics of albanian highways, main roads put them here!

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here entering the Tirana - Durres highway

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tirana - Durres highway after a accident

they have extended the highway tirana-durres lately....making it with 4 lanes each way so 8 in total...in some parts...i remember at the part entering tirana its very nice

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tirana - durres....

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Corridor 8 has nothing to do with Durres-Kukes highway.
Elbasan-Librazhd is part of the Corridor 8 segment and i believe the 30 km highway started construction in 2003 which i assume by now is already finished.
Rrogozhine-Tirane-Thumane segment a 55 km highway that will cost 150 million dollars also started construction by late 2003 i think.
34km segment of the road linking Vlora with Fieri which will cost 17.5m euros construction also started late 2003-early 2004.
The 65m euro, 82km Fieri-Tepelena segment i believe is finished.

The main project however as noted above is Durres-Kukes highway which links us directly with Kosovo border.
It's a 175 km highway consisting of 4 lanes and a 5 km tunnel (included).
I will get more info on this a bit later on .....

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully that will finish from kosova to durres then the albanians coming from kosova to watch our NT in soccer wont have so much trouble. plus it would be great for the economy!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Having been on those highways, I think we might have to do some rebuilding on the near future. I mean the Lushnja-Durres highway, from Kavaja to Durres is not even a highway and i was stuck there for two hours in a 15 minute road because of the summer traffic. It is also a shame that not enough attention is paid on Shkodra-Tirana.

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
i saw the tirane shokdra highway it is great and new but it's not wide enough. they should have made it at least four lane.

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lakerdar123 said:
i saw the tirane shokdra highway it is great and new but it's not wide enough. they should have made it at least four lane.

tirana - shkodra its not bad....you can get there very fast.....i think its ok with 2 lanes..ive used it last summer

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
the shkodra tirane highway could be fatser cause it's not straight . it can be faster if it was made like a line but it goes through lezhe first then on to shkoder which is dumb cause they need a 4 lane highway with tirane shkoder direct link. i personally believe every major city which i consider as shkoder, tirane, vlore, elbasan, durres they should all be linked with 8 lane highways with good asphalt and be bordered well so farmers cant cross. the other cities can be linked with smaller four lane highways and the small villages should be linked with two lane highways.it wouldn't be extremly expensive actually but it would be such a good investment

·
Incendia Astrum
762 Posts
Corridor VIII links us with Macedonia. There had been a lot of speculation on it and sometimes people start taking the Minister of Transport much more seriously then they really should.

First, for the corr. to work three more steps are needed:

- The construction of the new Tirana-Durres highway. Planned but no movement towards it.

- The cosntruction of Tirana-Elbasan highway. A clear part of Corr. VIII but not constructed.

- The expansion of Durres port. Durres port authorities should bring the Greek companies infront of WTO to pay the damage cause since 2001, when they had to remove the crude oil containers blocking Corridor VIII. With the money recieved part of the expansion should be paid.

On the Durres-Morine motorway, the least feasible project was chosen. It costs 600.000.000€.

The north-south corridor, part of which is the Tirana-Shkoder highways, needs to be wider.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
FR, when I was in summer in albania, Tepelena Lushnje hadn't started unless they are building it through a completely different route. As for tirana-Shkodra, you can call it a nice road but definitely is not a highway. Also the whole eight line idea might be overestimated when you consider the fact that you are not joining two cities with two million each but cities with about 100 thousand people. Two lanes is probably enough for major cities, maybe three for tirana Durres. And yes, it would be extremely expensive going to four lanes, especially when you consider how much hardship and debt is placed on us with two lane roads.

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
585 Posts
.::G!oRgOs::. said:
what? albania has highways?

Do they even have electricity? :runaway:
Giorgos we dont need to start any un needed arguments. Please edit your post.

If you are trying to attack Football Rules for his ridiculous comments on Athens then please dont start it on another subject and just send him a PM. We dont need to stoop down to their level.

·
Registered
742 Posts
.::G!oRgOs::. said:
what? albania has highways?

Do they even have electricity? :runaway:
No we dont. Actually we ride mules. You see, the highways are for the mighty neighbors that want to take a shortcut when going from greece to italy or viceversa.
And what was that second thing you were asking? Electricitity? What is that?

If you come to Albania, I can rent you my cave (close to that cluster of caves we call Tirana) for 4 sheeps a week. Torch lights included. Its very close to the river so you can take showers easily.

:|

1 - 20 of 652 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.