10th February 2008
61,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
10th February 2008
61,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: I'll believe it when I see it :lol:
You probably said that about St Peter's Square as well.

Make no mistake, this will be done properly.

When MCC spend £330mill refurbishing the town hall, MCC aren't going to skimp on redeveloping the city's most important square.

Put it this way.

St Peter's Square, Albert Square, the Town Hall, St Michael's.

A worldclass civic quarter, we can all be proud of.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The paving for Albert square should at least match that at St Peter's Sq. I expect the cobbles will stay but a bit more greenery than trees please. Shrubs and grasses and other evergreens would be welcomed. The city is becoming over-run with Planit-ie designs and I'm getting bored of them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bugger Albert Square.
If there is money available sort out Piccadilly!
The council should be very careful spending money renovating Piccadilly Gardens as a lot of the fundamental issues with that areas would unlikely be addressed.

I'm perfectly fine for the council to be spending money making a nice area even better.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Please, no trees (or bushes). This is meant to be a civic square/town square not a public park.

Can't even take a decent picture of the town hall without the friggin trees getting in the way. Public events are obscured by the trees. To make things worse the bare trees make the square look awful in autumn/winter.

And while we're at it, can we move the monuments (at least to the edges of the square.

Finally, please let's demolish those awful buildings opposite the town hall.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I think I'm the only person on the face of the earth that has little to no problem with the buildings facing the town hall. Particularly since their renovations.

I'd even go as far to say the one that has finished full renovation looks rather slick.

They're decent quality, appropriate scale and material and since being worked on, modern. I guess it's just an unpopular style.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts