SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Albert Vaults | Chapel Street | 8 fl

18683 Views 81 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  PeteVincent82
Albert Vaults | Chapel St
Residential | Salford

Website: http://www.novoproperty.co.uk/developments/albert-vaults-chapel-street-development

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=146353469#post146353469

Basic information

• Nearest transport:

• Address: 169-171 Chapel Street Salford M3 6AD

Detailed information

A planning application has been submitted for Albert Vaults. It can be viewed here.

18/71489/NMA | Application for a non-material amendment to planning permission 15/66691/FUL for change to the East, West & North elevations by replacing the proposed powder coated dark grey spandrel panels between windows with blue, change to the proposed South elevation facing the railway viaduct consisting of removing the recess between the blue and red brickwork so all brickwork to this elevation will be flush and all standard windows to the upper floors will have their head reduced in height above floor level by 75mm. masonry set back in relief of the red brick by 25mm

Site today:

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Picture of the building slowly being revealed:

by Chris Davis, on Flickr
It’s a lot better than that hideously stained thing opposite.
And......(cue 80's disco music)

Life's not worth a damm 'till you can shout out.
I am what I am!!

Couldn't resist. 😁😁😁
It is what it is!
More of this being revealed now:
by Chris Davis, on Flickr
I was keeping my eye out for this as I passed yesterday, and even though I was looking straight at it, it didn't even register for a couple of seconds. It looks very at home, inoffensive, unremarkable, and actually a good positive use of a small plot.
With this and Gore St its feeling alot more city like on that little section of Chapel St, so good to see all these empty plots being filled at long last, coming out of Salford Central and turning left was like going into the wilderness in the past.
Taken today. It's not terrible...

DSC02637 by Slow Burn, on Flickr

DSC02636 by Slow Burn, on Flickr

DSC02634 by Slow Burn, on Flickr
The windows could have been aligned better but it's a good solid build.
Also Chapel Wharf of course. The Chapel Street corridor has massive potential to establish as a great destination for bars and restaurants, similar to Ancoats, with all the new apartments completed and proposed. Imagine the railway arches opposite Chapel Wharf housing bars and restaurants and Chapel Street pedestrianised.
With this and Gore St its feeling alot more city like on that little section of Chapel St, so good to see all these empty plots being filled at long last, coming out of Salford Central and turning left was like going into the wilderness in the past.
Looks more like an office block from the 90's to me. Not sure on this one.
A lot worse could have been constructed here, pretty inoffensive to me.
A lot better could have been constructed too
A lot worse could have been constructed here, pretty inoffensive to me.
Reactions: Dandotco
I'm trying to think on the positive side, for a change :lol:
A lot better could have been constructed too
Reactions: 086756
I hate it , at least it fits in with those shit town houses next to the Gore street Development
It would be acceptable had the quality of the brickwork been up to scratch, but close up it looks awful, such a shame.
Reactions: Schooner
It’s a bit crappy but in such a tight spot beside the bridge you hardly notice it.

Some fitout works were ongoing on the commercial unit in this development yesterday.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.