SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 9754 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a few pictures of this city!

I did a quick seach.. found this one.. a Chinese center being built in Albuquerque..

Picture of the famous chili on the side of a building..

a few from the downtown.. (which I also found on the web)..

historic old town building..

can anyone come up with some better stuff?

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
I love new mexico too... please post those pics!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here's 2 just for the moment........

This is the skyline seen from a few miles away, from the northwest looking toward the southeast. If you squint really hard you can see the high-rise district (one of 5 in the metro) around the airport. The backdrop is the Manzano Mountains, which form the eastern boundary of the southern suburbs. The huge Sandias are not visible from this angle.

This here is a very limited view of a couple scrapers downtown, including the tallest building in New Mexico. The vast majority of the high-rises downtown cant be seen, but here in this photo are (from left to right)-

The Gold Building, Simms Building, Bank Lofts, The La Posada Hotel, the Acropolis, the BOA @ Albuquerque Plaza, and the Grand Hyatt @ Albuquerque Plaza.

In the foreground is the mixed-use development Fourth Street Galleria, which makes no sense cause its on Second Street. It has a shopping mall in the bottom, with office on the top 3 floors. The view is from the area just south of the Convention Center, looking SW.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Albuquerque and NM as a whole is a dump

·
Registered
194 Posts
^^Go to phx, then go to albuquerque, you'll see what I mean. BTW I may live in phx, but I am not from phoenix, there's a big difference. Albuquerque has nothing but blocks of barrios, ghettos, and a few nice sprawling suburbs in the northeastern areas. Other than that, it is just a cancerous eye-sore in a naturally stunning region.

1 - 20 of 9754 Posts