Antigua Casa de Ópera

Fráncfort a raz de suelo

Banco Central Europeo

Skyline de Fráncfort

Danke schön!!

·
ausgewachsene mörderkatze
5,087 Posts
Very nice... I like that you also showed some of the old parts of the city - which in my opinion have much more atmosphere.
:)

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
Hui Wäller? Allemol!
2,620 Posts
I enjoyed watching this thread, especially because there are not only the usual skyline views in here :):eek:kay:

·
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪
4,618 Posts
I enjoyed watching this thread, especially because there are not only the usual skyline views in here :):eek:kay:
yep. i`ve never seen some of the houses shown here myself :lol:
some of the pictures have kind of oldschool/non-digital photograph touch (especially the first one of römer-plaza), i like that.

·
Brujo Nato
9,849 Posts
Preciosas fotos! Solo falto la casa de Clara Sesemann :)

·
Adicto a la Costarricaína
12,189 Posts
El 90% de los edificios en Frankfurt, incluyendo los de apariencia clásica, fueron reconstruídos a partir de los años 50's. Son réplicas cuasi-idénticas de los originales que fueron destruidos por los bombarderos aliados durante la Segunda Guerra.

·
Brujo Nato
9,849 Posts
El 90% de los edificios en Frankfurt, incluyendo los de apariencia clásica, fueron reconstruídos a partir de los años 50's. Son réplicas cuasi-idénticas de los originales que fueron destruidos por los bombarderos aliados durante la Segunda Guerra.
Todo una leccion para los que se oponen a reconstruir edificios tal y como eran, perdidos por desastres naturales o mentales (en Costa Rica estos ultimos abundan)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Only a handful of buildings in Frankfurt were reconstructed after WWII. Apart from the half-timbered houses on Römer Square and the opera house, all old buildings pictured in this thread are originals.

·
Adicto a la Costarricaína
12,189 Posts
tk780, welcome to this thread. I took the information from a couple of post-WW II books related to the subject. Since I'm a real WWII fan, I love (loved... no time these days) doing all kinds of research for personal satisfaction.

I strongly recommend the following books:

Jörg Friedrich, "El incendio" (I believe it's called FIRE in English. Nicht die geringste Ahnung von dem Deutschen Namen)

and

Tony Judt, "Postwar"

Anyways, as kuquito mentioned it, it's nevertheless as admirable and remarkable the fact of having been able to rebuild a whole city from ashes, rubble and debris to what it is today, be it by means of restoring or totally rebuilding from scratch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts