• 3 or less

Votes: 17 15.6%
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Accura_Preston said:
The quality of the buildings look pretty low though. 8/10
From what I've heard and seen large parts of the waterfront are still dominated by colonial-style buildings:

The modern 'Bibliotheca Alexandrina'

I'd love to visit Alexandria some day, it is supposed be a very amazing place, rivalling Cairo in some regards!

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Mercutio said:
From what I've heard and seen large parts of the waterfront are still dominated by colonial-style buildings
The colonial buildings are gorgeous and of a fabulous style, but they are overshadowed by bigger not-so-nice tower blocks.

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
it looks much nicer than Cairo :eek:kay:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Accura_Preston said:
The colonial buildings are gorgeous and of a fabulous style, but they are overshadowed by bigger not-so-nice tower blocks.

That’s unfortunately true, but I just wanted to point out that some parts of the waterfront look quite decent. It seems that the western part of the city and particularly the ‘Eastern Harbour’ has a rather historical appearance, while the rest of the city is dominated by cheap concrete structures.

Fortunately, I found out that in the eastern part of the city a big redevelopment project is currently under way. It is called ’San Stefano Grand Plaza’ and it consists of hotels, apartments, shopping and entertainment areas.

Some illustrations

Impact on the waterfront:

Under construction:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
5/10 Alexandria has a very famous past that really overshadows its present appearance. At one time it had the greatest library in the world, but the whole place burned down, taking with it thousands of historical documents.

It seems a little run down along the waterfront. I know Egypt is a poor country, but maybe they could do a little spruicing up.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
10; it had WTB for thousands of years!!!

-

1 - 20 of 102 Posts