SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if there is any problem posting this project in this website but here it goes

Egyptian Transport Minister Mohamed Mansour announced Tuesday that Egypt expects an Egyptian-Italian feasibility study for a high-speed railway line between Cairo and Alexandria to be ready in two months
On the sidelines of a Mediterranean economic forum in Milan, Mansour said that "we should get the results in the next two months. Our feeling is that it's feasible"
Mansour added that once the study is completed Egypt will proceed with the tendering of the project to the private sector. "It will be a public tender open to all investors"

In May, Mansour and his Italian counterpart Altero Matteoli earmarked 550,000 euros ($781,300) for the study, carried out by technical staff from Egypt and Italian state-owned railway company, Ferrovie dello Stato.

"(Ferrovie dello Stato unit) Italferr is doing the study to tell us the route that (the line) will take, the number of passengers and also the cost of the investment," the minister said.

Egypt would probably tender the project to build a motorway between Cairo and Alexandria in the next two or three months, Mansour said.

The World Bank's private sector arm IFC had been appointed as "lead advisor" for the project "so that it will be tendered in a transparent fashion", he said.

The Egyptian capital Cairo and its Mediterranean port city of Alexandria are about 200 km apart.

currently i haven't got any construction photos, but am sure in two months we would get some real photos, so yeah here is the source

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh okey, now shall i repost this in there and wait for a mod to delete this topic?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
This would be great! This kind of high-speed line is really needed between Cairo and Alex :D! (I hope that they are going to renovate or build new train stations too!) This line will dramatically improve the travel time between Cairo and Alex and I think it would be a very safe train system too. The current rail and trains are old, uncomfortable and unsafe.

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
XAbdoo your geat! thanks so much!! :banana:

Don't worr the "Egyptian Railway news" is about updates and articles on Egyptia Rialwys, this is a major product, so its perfectly ok to post it here :cheers:

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
One more question xAbdoo, where did you get the pic of that train from? Is that the same type of train that will be used?

Thanks

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh, well i got it from alexsouth (Egyptian website) and here in the uk trains like that, in France the same look, and also japan and alot of contries, so it should look like that :d

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The train looks like a French Alstom Train or the new Korean high-speed train. Turkey did ordered the Korean one. ;)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The new Sidi-Gaber station is under construction now... They will renovate the station and they will build a 2 story MALL (why?? don't know!) on top of the station.. But I've heard the construction is on hold for many months.. they were almost done!!

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
lol by mall they mean just shopping facilities, Egyptian English, you gotta love it :lol:

Sidid Gaber is Alex's main train station right?? Any pics??? Any links to the project???

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, great man thanks, and the mall to make it look more modern which i think it's point less here is a train station that i go to everyday and it's great i never felt bored from it's look

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
lol by mall they mean just shopping facilities, Egyptian English, you gotta love it :lol:

Sidid Gaber is Alex's main train station right?? Any pics??? Any links to the project???
I will make pictures tomorrow ;) The concrete construction is done.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think a Station in xAbd0o home town?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts