Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night I was at the Broadwater sitting on the beach part when it started pissing down with rain. I jumped up and started walking home and these 50 undercover cop cars went flying passed me. i was kinda surprised but just assumed it would be a drug raid or something lame. anyway, I wake up today and read this;

Alleged sniper at Surfers; shooting on M1​

POLICE are searching for clues to two shootings on the Gold Coast last night, including one believed to be from a sniper on the rooftop of a Surfers Paradise apartment complex.

A 42-year-old Gold Coast man was walking with his family along Surfers Paradise esplanade when he was hit by gunfire about 9pm.

The shots are believed to have been fired from by an unknown sniper from the top of the Grosvenor Beach Front Apartments.

While police this morning could not confirm which direction or distance the shots came from, they said the victim was walking along the esplanade with his family when the shooting occured, including his 15-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter, plus a baby in a pram.

A bullet lodged in his torso after entering his left arm. The victim remains in a serious but stable condition in Gold Coast hospital while the gunman remains on the loose.
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/12/05/275015_crime-and-court-news.html

weird shittt.

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts
Pity you weren't hit wow that sounds scary!

·
Citadis Rider
748 Posts
Scorpio technically ends today, depending on which astrological bullshit you believe - maybe somebody's been watching too much Dirty Harry?

·
®
6,022 Posts
what's up with the thread title? I only understand the omg part.... When I came to see it in the list of thread, i was like, this must be like just another spam thread.

How can there be moar laws about snippers? The GC has too many vantage spots for them. I mean, so many highrise balconies and roof tops to hide in.

It's better gun control that is needed, but you can't have a law that says no guns, unless your a butcher or a cop. So if the cops had like no guns, then what will become of them? How would they stand up to a widget with a maglev dolphin?

They've got to have more power than just a tasser or a pepper spray that would be just gay; and you can't have cops with guns upholding the law. As surely you'd get a clown or two thinking they are top stuff. One can already see from recent news some of the corruption amongst some of the Qld police....

^^ by the way i didn't write a serious message as the title isn't very serious....

·
I need to find myself
5,631 Posts
^^ I'm confused :nuts: Where are your smilies :? You only put those when you're serious :sly:

·
okay then
6,414 Posts
what's up with the thread title? I only understand the omg part.... When I came to see it in the list of thread, i was like, this must be like just another spam thread.

How can there be moar laws about snippers? The GC has too many vantage spots for them. I mean, so many highrise balconies and roof tops to hide in.

It's better gun control that is needed, but you can't have a law that says no guns, unless your a butcher or a cop. So if the cops had like no guns, then what will become of them? How would they stand up to a widget with a maglev dolphin?

They've got to have more power than just a tasser or a pepper spray that would be just gay; and you can't have cops with guns upholding the law. As surely you'd get a clown or two thinking they are top stuff. One can already see from recent news some of the corruption amongst some of the Qld police....

^^ by the way i didn't write a serious message as the title isn't very serious....

·
I need to find myself
5,631 Posts
thread is very serious **** :mad:. according to polls by the gc bulletin, my live is in danger
Don't worry :cheers: You will remain in a stable condition. The bullet will probably lodge in your torso after entering your left arm. :)

·
®
6,022 Posts
Should be good for tourism.
It depends...

I over heard some people on the bus today who were going to go to the gold coast this weekend before they go back overseas, they've never been there before. Now they don't want to go there. Not to the main beach and shopping stretch anyway.

I wonder how many others will not want to go there for some time. Until at least the snipper is caught. From the sounds of the random shots fired at a car with no one inside it, the snipper was probably some guy who recently was released or escaped from some mental hospital.

·
In the sweetspot
9,047 Posts
Yeah - those snippers are dangerous. You could easily walk into a clinic to get a cough looked at and suddenly snip, snip and you are shooting blanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.