SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mike Ingall and Allied London have kindly invited SSC Manchester forum members to attend a St John's and Trinity Islands Review.

If any forum members are interested in attending the review, can you please do the following.

Please PM your full name, SSC username, and a 'date, day, and time' when you would be able to attend the review.

To give as many forum members enough time to arrange time off work, to change their day off work, or to take a day off work to attend the review, it would be preferable if the chosen day and date is in the 3rd Week of June.(18th to the 22nd) That gives forum members 2 Weeks notice.

'The date, day, and time of the review will still have to be confirmed by Allied London'. Once that is confirmed I will post the information on the thread.

I will be collecting names up to Wednesday the 6th of June. That gives forum members a week to register their interest in attending the review.

(I will keep on bumping the thread so as many forum members see it as possible)

Thanks.

St John's. https://stjohnsmanchester.com/

Trinity Islands. https://www.cgluk.com/our-work/trinity-islands

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
A review? Not sure if that sounds promising or not! Maybe he has some good news for us (more specifically a construction programme to divulge), hence the invitations!

God bless that man.

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update.

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me so far. Not had chance to read the PM's yet. I will get around to reading and acknowledging your PM's over the Weekend.

·
Registered
25,693 Posts
Jrb thank you so much for organising this, and an extended thank you to Allied London as well for taking the time out to take us all round.

However with it being a weekday I'm afraid I've exhausted all my annual leave for this year on various holidays and so I can't make it. I do however look forward to everyone's gossip and photos afterwards. I feel sore to miss out as the 1 Spinningfields event was great and it was lovely to meet you all and have a pint afterwards, but I'm sure there'll be another opportunity!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I don't think Mike gets flak I think he and his team at AL are widely appreciated but certain people lack patience and want things done yesterday! He is a brilliant developer.
This. AL were the first to realise what potential Manchester had and have a free run for the last 20 years.

Now they are in stiff competition with Renaker, Moda, Far East Consortium who have moved in on the residential sector in Manchester. I have urged forum members to understand that you have to be pragmatic and I have every confidence something will be built in due course when the time is right.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Apologies if I have missed this, but what sort of time are we expecting this to start at and how long approximately will it take?

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apologies if I have missed this, but what sort of time are we expecting this to start at and how long approximately will it take?
Hi Chris.

The date, day, and time have not been decided yet. Allied London will decide after I have forwarded all the information to them. Once they have decided on a date, day, and time, they will inform me, and I will post it on here.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Could we please request that this isn't arranged for one of the train strike days that week. Tuesday 19th and Thursday 21st, would hate to think of them going to the effort of arranging this for us only for it to be poorly attended.

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could we please request that this isn't arranged for one of the train strike days that week. Tuesday 19th and Thursday 21st, would hate to think of them going to the effort of arranging this for us only for it to be poorly attended.
Will forward that request. Thanks for letting me know.

Will compile the list Tonight and send it off to Allied London in the Morning.

Once I get a Date, Day and Time, I will post it on the forum.

Thank you to everyone who has PM'd me.

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update.

Just gone through the PM list.

Once again thank you all.

Great response. :)

Couple of things.

Couldn't PM you all back to say Thanks as SSC only allows x amount of PM's per Day. Sorry about that. But I have read every PM.

Could Everythingbutabeach and Chrisyd PM your full names asap please.

As before. Once I get a Date, Day, and Time from Allied London, I will post it on the thread and PM you all.

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Date, Day and Time of the Allied London - St John's And Trinity Island Review is Wednesday the 20th of June at 12 Noon.

Could you *ALL* please PM me if you can make the review or not(thank you), as I need to send exact figures to Allied London. You have until next Tuesday Evening to let me know if you can attend the review or not.

Many thanks.

·
10th February 2008
58,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How long do we think it'll last, jrb?
I don't know Keith.

I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess.

JRB thank you for the pm and organising but unfortunately I'm working. Enjoy though guys, look forward to the updates!

No probs, Darude.

Sorry you can't make the review.

Thanks for letting me know.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts