SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
i'm not quite sure if that can be it? looks like its beside a large lake or sea.... there's a seasonal marsh 10km to the east of amara, but I'm not sure if this is it?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
i'm not quite sure if that can be it? looks like its beside a large lake or sea.... there's a seasonal marsh 10km to the east of amara, but I'm not sure if this is it?
Amarah is on the Tigris river i think that's where they've built this...

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
that really doesn't look like tigris river to me. maybe I'm completely wrong.

·
Dreams of Babylon Rising
8,848 Posts
I think sheytan is right, this doesn't look like a river to me :S

very hard to Google this, especially that we don't have a name for the resort !

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
the above picture from the "al fayhaa tv" station is of the "amara beach resort" hotels... in antalya turkey!

http://www.amaraworld.com/?id=122

Did al fayhaa do this deliberately?

I mean they are either insulting their viewers intelligence or they are plain incompetent themselves.

I sent a comment to their website on the link... I don't think they will display it.

·
Dreams of Babylon Rising
8,848 Posts
LOOOL that's really funny, because Turkey was the first thing that came to my mind when i first looked at that pic :lol: I should trust my instinct more often !

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
^^ that photo is definitely not from amara beach resort in turkey...have a look at their gallery...

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
^^ that photo is definitely not from amara beach resort in turkey...have a look at their gallery...
you're right. the pool here looks different and larger....

search continues... but I am 80% sure this is in Antalya... or else Malaysia/Philippines.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
LOOOOOOOOOL ! iwas 100% sure tht its not in Amara ! if such project was completed , then the Iraqi channels would have reports on it 24/7 !

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what a joke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts