Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Okay
On the top right .. the big area of water is Sydney Habour
With the most eastern bridge being the habour bridge and the area directly south being the CBD.
Directly east of the CBD is a little beach cove, thats Bondi.
The Bridge just south/west of the Habour Bridge is the Anzac Bridge.
The sandy cove on the most northern/east of the photo is Manly.

Now if you go down south/east that big area of water is Botany Bay with the airport protruding out of it.
South / West of Botany Bay is a very large area of dark green. This is a military reserve that also contains the Lucas Heights reactor and joins onto the Royal National Park.

From the military reserve if you go north and look where the Parramatta river nearly ends with a fork. There is a large race course, and that is Rose Hill.
Just north/west of that is Parramatta itself.
And a little west is an ridged artificial looking bay in the river. Thats Homebush bay, with the Olympic stadiums directly south of that.

Hope that helped.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Great pic. I can make out where my house is (i think). Really cool to see hoe things look from up there :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think its from October 01 judging from file name. I dont know if that much would have changed tho ?? :S

·
5,250 Posts
demanjo said:
I think its from October 01 judging from file name. I dont know if that much would have changed tho ?? :S
I reckon it is a bit earlier as the M5 East is still under construction...I think it opened about December 2000??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome pic! I'd love to see if someone could draw the trailines over the top of this map, as well as the major FWYs/MWYs/HWYs. It'd be amazing!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
close toadman but you seem to have stoped the train lies ends all to early as penrith and richmond are no where near the end of that map there about another 5 cm out of that map.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts