·
Banned
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost nothing like it on Earth

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
I know that central florida has the 2nd(1st is somewhere in africa) highest frequency of lightning strikes in the world(=alot of thunderstorms). To bad i dont have any pictures of them. Thunderstorms happen almost like everyday in orlando during the summer. Amazing pictures by the way.
Heres a pic of orlando i found online

·
BoREaS
153 Posts
And I said thunderstorms make me peaceful...... :uh:hmmmm
'never sensed it in that capacity...nevertheless seeking for origin feels like I would be perfectly calm fronting that almightypower.....
like in the desert.. ^^^^^^..where camels confront arabian wiiiiind......:goodbye: (uuh nije svejedno...)

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
I took this in Los Angeles 2005

Thunderstorms are rare in Los Angeles but in 2005 it seems that we got it everyday

·
Registered
meow
10,261 Posts
You in NA get the most extreme weather by far. These storms are bloody scary, I'd definetly get too desperate to survive to one of those! :D

·
Banned
264 Posts
The storms in south Florida are wicked (aka where Tampa Bay's Bolts get their name from, Tampa's famous for lightning strikes) but the ones in the northeast (especially Maryland) are VERY weak, strong ones occur there only occasionally.

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
The storms in south Florida are wicked (aka where Tampa Bay's Bolts get their name from, Tampa's famous for lightning strikes) but the ones in the northeast (especially Maryland) are VERY weak, strong ones occur there only occasionally.
Tampa is in CENTRAL florida, wich has the second highest frequency of lightning strikes in the world. Thats why orlando is known as the lightning capital.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Tampa is in CENTRAL florida, wich has the second highest frequency of lightning strikes in the world. Thats why orlando is known as the lightning capital.
University of South Florida is in Tampa, University of Central Florida is in Orlando :) (I'm just confused by this then)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
dosn't feel that way. recently we got a storm that knocked the huge tree in my back yard down. And Last spring we got crazy flooding from storms. It dosn't seem too weak here. (And we also got tornados last year that we thought were thunderstorms) :dunno:

·
Banned
264 Posts
dosn't feel that way. recently we got a storm that knocked the huge tree in my back yard down. And Last spring we got crazy flooding from storms. It dosn't seem too weak here. (And we also got tornados last year that we thought were thunderstorms) :dunno:
I'm currently in MD for my studies :D I've sat through a few hail storms in a heavily wooded area and had to clean up trees that fell on the only street I have to get out on, but even at it's worst, the most severe ones rarely come through. I've been in Baltimore for a few bad ones, but for some reason I always expect better shows :dunno: (maybe I'm just used to different environments)

·
I double dog dare you!!!
707 Posts
sweet pics...thunderstorm season or severe weather is in full swing....all those March tornadeos from Texas, an F3 in Eagle Pass, to small town Kansas with its monster F4 border F5.....watch out below ! !! !

1 - 20 of 52 Posts