Dishonorable Mentions:

Los Angeles
San Diego
Phoenix

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Ft.Lauderdale??...are they joking?
Broward county is fully developed...there isn't any land to sprawl.
It is hemmend in by the Atlantic ocean on the east and the Everglades to the west.
Same thing can be said for W.Palm Beach or Miami.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
how is it funny that 5florida cities are sprawling of which 2 have no ability to sprawl,so i consider this list just another meaningless chart

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Mad Hatter!! said:
how is it funny that 5florida cities are sprawling of which 2 have no ability to sprawl,so i consider this list just another meaningless chart
While the Everglades are a natural boundary there is some validity to Fort Lauderdale sprawling. In 10 years Weston has become a city off 60,000 and Pembroke Pines is about to eclipse Fort Lauderdale as the largest city in Broward County. While the area is continuously built up, I don't see a lot of vertical movement other than close to the shoreline.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Darrell said:
While the Everglades are a natural boundary there is some validity to Fort Lauderdale sprawling. In 10 years Weston has become a city off 60,000 and Pembroke Pines is about to eclipse Fort Lauderdale as the largest city in Broward County. While the area is continuously built up, I don't see a lot of vertical movement other than close to the shoreline.

i get your point,and the reason why pembroke pines and miramar grew was because nothern dade grew also .

also who wants to go vertical by the everglades when you can do it on the bay

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Here is my TOTALLY unofficial list of overtly sprawled cities.

Dallas-Fort Worth
Houston-Galveston
Los Angleles
Chicago-Milwaukee
Minneapolis-St. Paul
Atlanta
Oklahoma City-Norman
Omaha
Washington-Baltimore
Phoenix-Scottsdale

Here is my list of cities that have done an excellant job of keeping sprawl marginal.

New Orleans
San Francisco
Seattle
Tulsa (yes, red states too)
St. Louis
Charleston, SC
Denver
Salt Lake City

Now strangely these are America's most beautiful, touristy cities that are for the most part "fading away".

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.