SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised no one from Amman has posted anything on this potentially impressive hotel. The name is not very striking but the construction I have noticed to have gained momentum after several years of hiatus. It is in the busy Shmeisani area and from the pic I took of the rendering, will certainly be a recognizable building in Amman. Await some local feedback. Cheers!

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Hypersonic5/th_Expresshotel.jpg

·
Registered
525 Posts
Not the greatest picture, by construction was extremly fast (like dubai speed, very impressed :D)

:banana:My 400th Post:banana:​

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Yazm1991..the construction progress is quite impressive. Have they reached the pinnacle yet? With not such a snappy name, it looks to me that this will be a **** hotel. They don't even post a website - could be wrong though.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I agree Yazm1991..the construction progress is quite impressive. Have they reached the pinnacle yet? With not such a snappy name, it looks to me that this will be a **** hotel. They don't even post a website - could be wrong though.
Not sure if they have reached the pinnacle yet, but at this rate the hotel could be finished by late this year or early 2010.

In regards to the actual hotel itself, I don't think it will be very "classy" or "uppermarket" but i suspect it will be maybe a 3.5-4 star hotel.

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Not the greatest picture, by construction was extremly fast (like dubai speed, very impressed :D)

:banana:My 400th Post:banana:​
maybe they are trying to catch the holidays season (christmas, Adha, newyears..etc)

oh and congrats on ur 400th post :cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The building is coming out quite nicely and is becoming noticeable from many angles in Amman. I will try to take some pics shortly as the top floor has been topped out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
EHG invests over $100M

01 February 2010
Eastern Holding Group (EHG) held a press conference to announce new investment projects in Jordan for 2010. In the presence of numerous ministers, businessmen and relevant industry figures, proclaimed projects were announced at an investment value exceeding $100 million in diverse industries: A 5-star hotel in Amman; and three airline simulation machinery, worth $30 million, to be added to the wide group of simulation aviation machinery at Jordan Airline Training and Simulation.

Moreover, an agreement was signed for the management of the 5-star Millennium Hotel, valued at $50 million and to be inaugurated in 2010 in the heart of Amman, Shmeisani. The hotel, which will be managed by Millennium International, will comprise of 18 floors, 200 rooms, various international restaurants, roof swimming pool and a health club.
EHG also notably announced that $20 million have been allocated for the support of the rest of its companies in Jordan.

Furthermore, a finance agreement for $17.5 million was also signed with Jordan Ahli Bank to finance Eastern projects in Jordan.

© The Star 2010

·
Registered
525 Posts
^^ Cheers for the news.

So its no longer called 'Express Hotel' and now 'Millennium Hotel'?

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
excellent news !! :cheers:
u should contact a mod to change the name of the thread

1 - 20 of 28 Posts