56)

57)

58)

59)

60)

·
/>>}WweX:AS<
181 Posts
Great pictures, are these all in the Centrum (?) District? I love how there are streets that could easily accomodate automibles but yet are pedestrian only. Hey did you know there's a brand of TOOTHPASTE here in the states called Rembrandt!

·
Rick Bakker
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@titeness: yes thes photo's where all take in the citycentre, except for the pics of the rijksmuseum in part 1, that is just outside the centre.
Thanks for your reactions everyone!!:wave:

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Amsterdam is not overrated. It's simply a beautiful city. It's a small world city on a human scale. I like the traffic chaos in the city: not cars but trams and bikes struggling through the city.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Alfa said:
Amstedam is so overrated for me.

And victorian style??????Most houses are build with ugly red stones.Nothing victorian on it.
Het zijn niet de panden onderling die het doen maar het uniek geheel van met bomen omringde grachten, bruggetjes, smalle straten, mooie torens,...
Ok, het lijkt soms allemaal erg op elkaar en de meeste huizen zijn zeer sober gedecoreerd maar Amsterdam is één van de mooiste steden ter wereld.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Alfa said:
Amstedam is so overrated for me.

And victorian style??????Most houses are build with ugly red stones.Nothing victorian on it.
Amsterdam is overrated, especially by Amsterdammers themselves! But I am from Rotterdam so do not take this for granted! ;)

Ugly red stones, huh? Check these houses in same Dutch style but in Caribean colours:

It is Willemstad on Curacao.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Amsterdam looks great! And what I particularly like about it is it's very unique look...it's hard to confuse Amsterdam with any other city, even with any other city with Dutch/Flemish architecture. Amsterdam is very unique! That can be a great thing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.