SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Written by
Wednesday, July 18, 2012

THE Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr Olusegun Aganga, has said Anambra State has a fundamental role in the notational industrial revolution plan of the country

Mr Aganga said this when he paid a visit to Governor Peter Obi at the Government House, Awka, on Tuesday.

Mr Aganga said the state was a major player in industrial and enterprise development.

He disclosed that a recent survey by the National Bureau of Statistics revealed that the state had the highest number of small and medium scale enterprises, and was leading in four industrial sectors, including the automobile sector.

The Minister extolled Governor Obi for championing the patronage of 'Made in Nigeria' goods and encouraging and empowering industrialists and embarking on massive infrastructural development in industrial areas.

Mr Aganga said the Federal Government would work closely with Governor Obi and industrialists in the state to fast-track industrial growth and development, while commending the Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company for the giant strides recorded so far.

He explained that the Federal Government was reversing the trend of exporting raw materials and importing finished products by repositioning and strengthening the manufacturing sector and focusing on areas of competitive and comparative advantage.

Responding, Governor Obi called for a ban on the importation of cables and other products which were also produced in Nigeria to protect local industries and encourage them to grow.
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jul/18/607.html

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
GG
5,877 Posts
I'm a bit confused. According to the NBS report Anambra does not have the most small and medium scale enterprises. Some states even double and quadruple that of anambra.

Under table 3 page 128
http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/67

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
èđđeůx said:
I always thought Innoson was headquartered in Anambra.....
It is last time I heard :dunno:

·
Banned
35 Posts
u ppl dont think right dis is all 419 dats dis crazy country if it is real show some proof of something not dat nigerian news show a video or pics

·
I'm The King
6,724 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts