THODEAU

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Αλέξανδρ&#
52,566 Posts
very deep words Allan :eek:kay: beautiful landscaps and wild life!!

·
Registered
44 Posts

^

Allan, Can you please tell me where (which website) you get this image? I am an avid bird watcher, and this is a white-tailed eagle. Although rare, this is one of the most beautiful birds of Eastern European basin. However, I have never seen such a closeup shot, in fact, taking a shot of white-tailed eagle in nature even from distance is not easy. People go where the nests are and locate the birds. I want to make sure whether this was taken in a zoo or whether there are photographers who can approach an eagle that close. Also, do you mind I post this picture (after you tell me where you took it) in Birdlife's forums. I am sure buncha scientists and forumers will enjoy such a closeup shot.

Seeing your avatar, I assume this shot must be taken in Turkey. Do you know where in Turkey was that? Or any lead?

For your info, this is a close relative of the Bald Eagle - US' symbol and national bird. (in fact, they are the closest eagles in their family).

Regards,

PS: Oh, very nice pictures and landscape by the way, sorry, that eagle took my mind away...

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
KillBill
Yes the picture is taken in Turkey. If I am not mistaken, it is taken somewhere in Northeastern Black Sea region of Turkey.
Many of these pictures are from the website of The Nature Protection and the National Parks Division of The Ministry of Environment and Forestry of Turkey. It is a government site and Aykut Ince is the professional Turkish photographer who took these pictures. There are many bird pictures taken by him.

Here is the address:
http://195.142.144.2/
just click on Album on top, and there you go!

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for your information,there are over 32 national parks in Turkey and two of which have been given a special status by European Nature Protection Agency ( i don't know what exactly it is called ) for their extraordinary bird varieties . Many bird watchers crowd these parks throughout the season.

·
Registered
44 Posts
^
Thanks, bro, I will dig more into that with the info you sent. I appreciate all your info. Keep the good work flowing,

Regards,

·
Banned
28 Posts
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

I NEVER THOUGHT THAT TURKEY BOASTS SOME OF THE MOST ARRESTING NATURAL SPOTS IN THIS PLANET . WHENEVER ONE SPEAKS OF THIS COUNTRY , I USUALLY ASSOCIATE THE VISTA SHOWING MODERN DAY ISTANBUL AND YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I BEHELD THESE SUMPTUOUS PHOTOGRAPHS . SPLENDID , INDEED :) CONGRATULATIONS . THERENNAISSANCEMAN

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^
thanx man!

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@KillBill
Can you please give me the address of the birdlife forum that you were talking about?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i think we have over 35 natural/national park and about 185 bird heaven. but i dont know official number maybe Allan can help us:)

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts