Votes: 5 3.2%

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 8 5.1%

Anchorage - USA

32K views 150 replies 127 participants last post by  Salesen 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
to replace the missing photos earlier posted here:

Anchorage- my place of birth, the only place in Alaska of any size whatsoever. Most people think alaska is all eskimos and Inuits and stuff hopefully these pics will prove them wrong. (When i lived in Alaksa I didint know 1 native) The Mountain Backdrop is very beutiful and you can see Moose and Wolves roaming downtown on a daily basis. most of the buildings have names of oil companies on them though....

Anchorage has 2 sets of buildings this one -

and this one -

icicles...

at night-

a park (I forgot what It's called)

some pictures of downtown anchorage...

a very cloudy day...it looks bad.

G
#6 ·
For an isolated Alaskan city so far away, it's a pretty good skyline. I would actually expect to see more buildings considering all the energy companies doing business in Anchorage, maybe they can't build tall because of the earthquake danger?

I've been in the downtown area and it's fairly lively. I can see more Seattle-like high and low rise condos being built in the future enhancing the skyline. The setting is one of America's best. 8/10

#13 ·
There's not a great deal there, but what is there works well together and works well in the natural setting. Not bad at all, especially when you consider how the city was nearly flattened by the Good Friday Earthquake back in the 60's.

A 7.

#16 ·
i was really suprised by the skyline of anchorage. i really never thought of the city to be so interesting, i just thought it was a place where old people, and animals lived. i suppose that i was wrong, and that is a fairly modern city.
i hope to see more for the skyline later on in the future.

8/10 :)

#19 ·
I have some more pics here...I want to get a summer home and live here in the summer when I get older....it gets misebly cold in the winter...

this bilding here with the stick on top is new I think...its ugly though...

the street lights here used to be sort of like sun lamps for the part of the year when its dark alot...I dont know if its still like that...

really nice wild flowers can be seen throughout the city

this is probly the best picture I've found so far...

#24 ·
wow, that is a very nice skyline. :) i think that anchorage is doing very well, and i hope to see more skyscrapers be built in it's beautiful landscape later on in the future.

i give a prefect score for the skyline, since it has both nice buildings, and a very nice climate around the city.

final vote - 10/10 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.