SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Je suis tout à vous
16,512 Posts
S.Yorks Capital said:
Hey Im from the UK and I was just wondering what people could tell me about Anchorage, Alaska. For example any devolpments in the city and the city's lifestyle etc. Thanks in advance.
It's so cold

·
Feliz pela Vida que segue
9,307 Posts
Anchorage has nearly 300,000 inhabitants, if I'm not wrong, and has a nice downtown with an open market [seasonal], many suburbs with space enough for everyone and a very good airport [I visited it in 1980 and 1981 and can remember yet a stuffed white bear in a gallery with shops]. Personally I liked it a lot and recommend for visits : if you want to know more about it and Alaska, take a look at ALASKA EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE, recently published by DK Editors [they have wonderful guides from many places around the World].

·
Northwest Photo King
2,212 Posts
Anchorage has a cold winter season, but it climbs up to a average of around 60 during summer. It has dark winters and bright summers. It can be dark up all day with only 3 hours of day, then visa versa, giving it the name of the midnight sun.
Anchorage has no real suburbs, but its got ammenties of the average Alaskan city. It has chain stores as the 48 contiigous states do. I've been there many times, almost yearly. So I'd be happy to answer more questions. I got a lot of pictures of Anchorage and other Alaska towns...
just click here to view them. Have to use index of cities to choose the Alaskan city you want to view. Hundreds of photos you might enjoy seeing of Alaska. :)
http://usaspatriot.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=places&action=display&thread=1150520076&page=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts