SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The catch is that you have to book eary in advance to get the $1 fares. But if you do it will save you alot of money, has anyone here used it yet.

·
1981 Civic
2,911 Posts
^^No, but I did some research on it back in April when it was first released and I was fascinated by it.

I actually will plan to use this service fairly frequently this summer. I'm gonna catch a couple of baseball games up in Chicago. And I'm going to Cincinnati to visit the Underground Railroad Museum. And I can do it all for a whopping $1.25 per trip! :laugh:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah i plan on using it when i travel back on forth from school (Chicago) to home (Milwaukee) next year. If i can plan when i go back home early enough in advance it should save me $10 a trip. I'll probably use it to visit friends around the midwest too. I wonder what this new competition will mean for greyhound and amtrak, especially on the popular milwaukee-chicago route.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
A British friend just told me that London has been doing it for about a decade. Apparently they do very well, but over there at least, the busses are just about unbearable. Our public transportation comfort standards are a bit higher here, so I'd bet that it won't be so bad. Maybe like Greyhound or something.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hmm.. I just noticed that Indy, Cincinnati and Columbus can travel to each other independently but every other city has to travel to and from Chicago only. I wonder why there aren't any independent Milwaukee to Minneapolis routes, or Cleveland to Detroit routes. Perhaps that'll change.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
TheKansan said:
It doesn't service Kansas City.
That's Because Kansas City SUCKS!

Just Kidding. This service just started a few weeks ago. It's been going for a couple decades serving the UK. It'll expand I'm sure. It's sorely lacking a St. Louis route as well.

Check out the UK routes: www.megabus.com/uk/

edit- Never mind, it covers St. Louis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts