·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
458 apartments (PRS) | Plus mixed use commercial

Developer: Moda Living - Caddick Developments and Generate Land partnership

Architect: HAUS Collective & Fuse

Application:
107722/FO/2014/C1 | Erection of part 6 storey, part 33 storey buildings to form a mixed use development comprising 458 residential apartments (Use Class C3) and ground floor commercial units maximum of 1954 sqm (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, B1 and D1) along with associated roof top garden and Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) to 6 storey element, basement car parking, hard and soft landscaping and associated works including the creation of a new pedestrian route between Angel Street and Miller Street | Land Bounded By Miller Street, Rochdale Road & Angel Street Manchester
Brochure

Plot L of the NOMA masterplan.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Hmm, not sure if I like this.

It's definitely a good height and will inject some life into this part of the city centre. The design could be a bit more exciting though.

·
10th February 2008
55,046 Posts
It's another box! :lol:

I get the distinct impression that MCC want and ask all developers to build box shaped towers in Manchester.

Can't say I'm too keen on it. Perhaps the planning app with offer more?

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
It may just be a box, but it looks classy, the cantilever angling out from the main block is a nice touch, I love the black

Also with the facade, it creates some eye trickery, at some points it looks like there's a smaller tower inside the tower! The multiple layers to the facade help to play along with this!

·
Consumed
5,564 Posts
What's with people saying a lot of the latest proposals are boxes? What shape should they be? Hexagonal?! The vast majority of taller buildings have 4 sides with straight edges. With the odd (very expensive) exception, that tends to be how they're built.

Nothing wrong with this. I think it looks great!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I love it ,, This will look huge on that plot and will bulk up the skyline

Hope it gets built , ( now that's the million dollar question ) :)

·
10th February 2008
55,046 Posts
I worry.

From what we know there's no way Manchester can sustain all of these residential developments.(and more currently being worked on)

It feels like the last time. Numerous proposals being touted, with only a few ever seeing the light of day.

·
Consumed
5,564 Posts
I worry.

From what we know there's no way Manchester can sustain all of these residential developments.(and more currently being worked on)
From what I know, there is a demand for THOUSANDS of new homes in Manchester over the next few years.

I really, really hope this gets built! More so than axis even

1 - 20 of 2174 Posts