SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
dertleri neymiş ki?
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no thread started even about Turkish Capital Ankara's rail transport, here we go;

Buses first, As September 2011, 1725 buses are operating under the control of EGO, public transport subsidiary of the Municipality.[ref]

20100926 12 Ankara MAN single deck bus by Andrew Reynolds transport view, on Flickr

250 articulated buses will be launched this summer, replacing the pre-2000's red buses;

DELLA MOSCHEA E MOLTO ALTRO 051 by LOBO FRENGO, on Flickr

Without the municipality, there's also privately owned public transport vehicles;

CIMG1868 by Alican Nalbat...®, on Flickr

Dolmuş Station by stevec77, on Flickr

And as rail system, Ankara has three.

Ankara Metrosu;

ankara metro by sevendaysoffalling, on Flickr

Ankara metro / Turkey by ustegen, on Flickr

Ankaray;

M1 Ankaray metro Ankara Turkey by tramturk, on Flickr

Ankaray metro m2 of Ankara Turkey by tramturk, on Flickr

Suburban rail (Tracks are under renovation with its new name Başkentray);

20100926 10 Ankara railway Korean ROTEM Suburban Electirc train by Andrew Reynolds transport view, on Flickr

There's also 3 under construction metro projects, currently runs slowly.

(larger map)

·
Kara Tren Solcusu
1,568 Posts
Elline saglik! (Please do not hit me this time for using Turkish!)

The map shows all extensions as independent lines. Is this really true? Will the municipality really break waht is basically one line both in Batikent and in Kizilay? That would be insane.

·
Registered
176 Posts

It is our new subway cars.(on right) CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive is producing them. And it's not in service now, because it is the only train that we have.

These are not so bad but I'm still loving Bomberider ones!

·
31,184 Posts
wowturkey pictures doesn't work on other websites.

Reactions: Triple C

·
Registered
176 Posts
So then M3 is an extension of M1?
Actually M3 is an extension but not yet.
Because we are using M1 line with 6-car train sets and 3 min. frequency on peak hours.
But if they operate M3 as an extension of M1 line, it's impossible the provide the same service quality to the users of M1 line.
And now, M3 line is running with 3-car train sets and 8-10 min frequency. Until the end of 2014 they'll operate M1(Kızılay-Batıkent) and M3(Batıkent-OSB/Törkent) as separate lines.

Batıkent Station is the last station of both lines. This station has an island platform. One track is using for M1, and other track is for M3. So it's not too hard to transfer between lines.

·
Registered
176 Posts
New cars;
http://imganaliz.hurriyet.com.tr/Li...nkara'nın metro tarihçesi/13-Ankara metro.JPG

http://imganaliz.hurriyet.com.tr/Li...nkara'nın metro tarihçesi/15-Ankara metro.JPG

We have 3 subway lines in use;
1) Dikimevi-Aşti (1996) 8,5km
2) Kızılay-Batıkent (1997) 14,6 km
3) Batıkent-OSB/Törekent (2014) 15,3 km
Total: 38,4 km

And we have 2 subway lines under construction;
1) Çayyolu-Kızılay (opening next month) 16,5 km
2) Tandoğan-Keçiören (will be open in 2015) 10,5 km
Total: 27 km

And we have 2 other subway lines in planning;
1) Gar-Esenboğa Uluslararası Havalimanı (Central Station- Esenboğa International Airport)
2) Gar-Kızılay (could be extension of M4)

And we have 1 commuter line;
1) Sincan-Kayaş 37 km

In 2015, Ankara's rail lines will reach 102 km long.
I'm here for any question.:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
[QUOTE

And we have 2 other subway lines in planning;
1) Gar-Esenboğa Uluslararası Havalimanı (Central Station- Esenboğa International Airport)
2) Gar-Kızılay

QUOTE]

Thank you for precise information.
Do you have any idea where will be the possible route of these planned lines?
I cannot imagine any route between Central station and Kizilay
What about the south and southeast parts of Ankara – any new projects there?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you for precise information.
Do you have any idea where will be the possible route of these planned lines?
I cannot imagine any route between Central station and Kizilay
What about the south and southeast parts of Ankara – any new projects there?
I don't now because the minister said it yesterday. But seems like they'll probably build it as an extension of M4 line.
I'll immediately share if I get more information.

There is no new projects except I wrote.
But our mayor thinks to build 23 km long aerial cable-car network if he could be mayor again on 30 March, in local elections.
He is planing to build these lines;
1) Kızılay-Dikmen Valley (in Çankaya district, south)
2) Kızılay-Mamak(district in Southeast)
3) Kızılay-Hacıbayram (Hacıbayram is a historical quarter)
4) İvedik-Etlik (this line for city hospitals in Etlik, another project planned by the government. And in İvedik, there's a subway station of M1 line.)

·
Registered
512 Posts
So Kizilay will be the hub for the most part of cable-car network? Is it possible and acceptable from aesthetic point of view? I like cabe-car systems but 3 of them starting in Kizilay seems very strange...????

·
Registered
176 Posts
So Kizilay will be the hub for the all cable-car network? Is it possible and acceptable from aesthetic point of view? I like cabe-car systems but 3 of them starting in Kizilay seems very strange...????
Yes it will be hub.
Actually I dont want any cable car line in my city. Becuse poles are seems very ugly. You can see the photos of the Şentepe-Yenimahalle Subway Stn. lines photos on Turkish forum. Poles are not acceptable., they built huge poles to the streets.
And if they build these lines, they'll probably build the station in GüvenPark. And it does not sounds good, becuse it's the only park in there.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts