SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chennai Metro Zone | AnnaNagar | 8.5 million sq. ft | Rs 1600 crore | Under Construction

• Builder :OZONE PROPEX Private Ltd., a Bangalore-based property development entity
  • Total Area : 43-acre space
  • Total Build Up Area: 8.5 million sq. ft
    • Residential Space: 4.2 million sq. ft
    • Retail space : 1.2 million sq. ft.
    • Hotel Space : 2.50 lakh sq. ft.
    • Parking Space: 2.5 million sq. ft.
  • Starting Date: May 2007
  • Compleation Date:42 months from the Starting Date

Residential Tower Rendering:

Retail Space Rendering:

Hotel Space Rendering:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Amenities

Amenities

• Potable tap water
  • Piped gas
  • Access control at entry-level
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Swimming pools (Interactive pool for children, Exclusive pool for ladies)
  • Clubhouse of international standards
  • Guest houses comprising 56 suites for all residents
  • Maintenance facility for electrical & plumbing
  • Laundromats and ironing services
  • Car washing bays
  • Minimum 5kva DG backup
  • External 70% of area is open space
  • Pharmacy and super market
  • 250 car parkking slots for visitors
  • 36 lac square feet basement car parking
  • Creche
  • Multiplex and food court
  • 24/7 security
  • Several play areas for children
  • Putting green
  • Cricket pitch
  • Basketball court
  • Tennis courts
  • Jogging tracks
  • Squash
  • Billiards
  • Table tennis
  • Badminton

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specifications

Specifications

Structure
  • RCC, in compliance with Seismic Zone III
  • Walls will be of RCC using Mivan system of framework
  • Deep pile foundation

Wall & Ceiling Finishes
  • Internal walls finished with lime punning and acrylic emulsion

Doors, Windows & Ventilators
  • Imported engineered panel doors for all the rooms
  • Anodized aluminum sliding windows with mosquito proof shutters
  • Anodized aluminum ventilators with translucent glass for all toilets

Floor Finishes
  • Living, dining, internal passages & bedroom finished with quality vitrified tiles
  • Imported wooden flooring for master bedroom
  • Anti-skid ceramic tiles for toilets and utility areas
  • Matt finish ceramic tiles in balconies and open terraces

Bathrooms / Toilets
  • Wall mounted EWC
  • Washbasins with granite counter top and mirror
  • Ceramic tile dadoing up to ceiling

Kitchen & Utility
  • Polished granite counter with SS sink
  • Sink in the utility area
  • Matt finish vitrified tiles in kitchen

Electrical
  • Concealed conduit with modular switches
  • Split A/C power points in living, dining and all bedrooms
  • Power points in all rooms
  • Cable TV and telephone points in living room and all bedrooms

Plumbing
  • Concealed piping (pressure tested)
  • Hydro- pneumatic system for water supply
  • CP fittings of reputed make
  • Water Treatment RO Plant
  • Rain water harvesting system
  • Fully treated water through an exclusive water softening & purification plant

Sewage Treatment Plant
  • Treatment plant of adequate capacity as per norms
  • Recycled water used for flushing & gardens

Elevators / Lifts
  • Two automatic passenger lifts for each tower

Telecom
  • Fully integrated EPABX system

Security Systems
  • Round-the-clock security
  • All entry / exit movements of drivers / maid servants will be recorded and controlled
  • Entry of vehicles will be controlled through security systems
  • CCTV camera in the security room to screen visitors
  • Access control at entry-level
  • Trained security personnel will do patrolling of the project

Cable TV
  • An exclusive network of cable TV points will be provided for each unit

Power Backup
  • Minimum 5kva DG backup

Car Parking
  • Basement car parking in excess of 4000 cars
  • Visitors' car parking facility up to 250 cars

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hindu News on 19 March 2007:property development, the Ozone Propex way

Source:http://www.hindu.com/biz/2007/03/19/stories/2007031900461600.htm

Chennai project

On the Chennai Metro Zone project, which is coming up on a 43-acre space at Anna Nagar, he said it would be implemented in three phases. The entire project would be completed in 42 months from May this year.

It would comprise 1.2 million sq. ft. of retail space, 2.50 lakh sq. ft. of hotel, two lakh sq. ft. of office buildings and 4.2 million sq. ft. of residential apartments. Taking into consideration the 2.5 million car parking space below the ground, the Anna Nagar project would perhaps see the largest volume of constructed space (at 8.5 million sq. ft.) in a single location, he said.

The group has floated an SPV in the name and style of Ozone Projects Pvt. Ltd. to implement the Chennai project. HDFC Venture Fund holds 25 per cent stake in the Rs. 300-crore equity of the company.

Reliance Land (Anil Ambani Group) holds 19 per cent, Urban Infrastructure Opportunities Fund (part of the Mukesh Ambani Group) 14 per cent, Ruchi Infrastructure 7 per cent and Ozone Propex Private Ltd. 35 per cent.

The total cost of the project would be around Rs. 1,600 crore including land cost of Rs. 300 crore and construction cost of Rs. 1,200 crore. The company had gone in for a combination of convertible debentures and vanilla debt to finance part of the project cost. The balance would be funded through sale of prospective units, he said.

Mr. Vasudevan also hinted at the SPV hiving off retail, hospitality and commercial components of the project into independent companies. He indicated that the SPV could dilute its holdings by inducting partners into these independent entities. "We will provide a great degree of options to buyers of residential apartments,'' he said. In this context, he said the SPV was building a 40,000 sq. ft. marketing dome at the site to showcase the degree of customisation that people could get from Ozone.

·
I love you Rasna!!
1,736 Posts
While passing through the Inner Ring Road, one can see a large Igloo-shaped structure in the Metrozone complex (similar to an observatory). Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
724 Posts
While passing through the Inner Ring Road, one can see a large Igloo-shaped structure in the Metrozone complex (similar to an observatory). Any idea what it could be?
that is where model apartments are kept for display. btw, metrozone is under some property litigation in the high court. there was a quarter page ad on hindu last week regarding this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really don't see a need for a separate thread for projects like this. I see that there are many other forums to discuss individual residential projects like this.

In my opinion this forum is as a place where we report, receive and discuss the "Big Picture" projects and developments that matter at the city or entire state level and not for any individual residential project. I don't think that a private residential project deserves a satus of having seprate thready in this forum, if let a seprate thread for projects of DLF, Hiranandani, Sriram, Manhindra etc...that would lead to way too many threads and that would dilute the primary focus of this forum.

I really don't understant that why cant this be in Chennai Projects Update thread

my 2 cents

·
I love you Rasna!!
1,736 Posts
Well behind the entrance (an igloo-shaped make-shift structure), there are few tower-cranes installed. The construction has just begun, I believe.

·
Chennai Lad
33 Posts
I read in some newspaper that the CMDA has approached high court to get a stay on the metrozone project of Ozone group(Dont have the link for the online source). The Machines standing on site are used for pile foundations tests. I live just behing the project site and the status remains the same for the past 4 months.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
^^ I don't think anything has happened at all.. Another victim of the slowdown I'd say..
Proprty ownership issue is there. Some of the area is disputed and a case has been filed.

CMDA has asked them not to go ahead as correct docs were not furnished.

Moreover this is is the only project in which both Ambanis (Mukesh & Anil )have a joint stake, I was told.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Land dispute / effect of slowdown

whatever the reason be, its unfortunate....the project came with a bang (just as every other project does), the plans looked awesome. let us hope that things get sorted out soon....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts