SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't expecting to be home this weekend, but I ended up there and decided to go out and snap a few pics. Enjoy!

Southern Stove Works conversion to residential and commercial space:

Sauer's HQ... It smells so cool around there

Next to Sauer's, this is a great renovation... the inside is begging to be an awesome restaurant!

I found this on a very unassuming building along broad... looks like a seal for the CF Sauer Co.... they went all along the building

sidetracked to Allen St

Lee on Monument Ave

Renovation:

Along Grace St

A Jump to the 'City Center'
Federal Courthouse under construction

National Theatre in the distance... becoming a live music venue (similar to the Norva) by early 2007

I love the detail on the Berry Burk, renovation continues

Miller and Rhoads!

John Marshall

Conversion underway

There's actually water flowing on those rocks

Canal Walk

Interactive exhibit showing how the locks worked

La Diff

Philip Morris... flying along

Convention Center... I think there was some kind of national competition there this weekend:

Richmond Federal Building in the background

New Federal Courthouse again

Along Main St

Still workin...

Little guys powerwashing the sides!

Canal Locks

Floating Stage being set up for a concert/festival this afternooon

New Furniture Store at 14th and Cary: These Four Walls

R-e-n-o-v-a-t-i-o-n

They're repainting the Edgeworth smokestack!

Shalom ;)

And that's all... hope you enjoyed!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Simply Devine. I think the combonation of your superior Photo-Shooting skills, and just amazing setting (Richmond) make your threads stand out among the rest. Thanks again for sharing the photos!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It's cool to see HRI doing some renovations up there (Miller and Rhoads development)...that's a New Orleans based company that specializes in renovating old buildings into hotels, apartments, and condos...with HRI involved you can rest assured that the finished product will be of premium quality. http://www.hrihci.com/site.php

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Awesome, awesome, awesome.

The convention center also seems to address the street pretty good for a convention center; it doesn't have a hulking, imposing presence, being set back from the street.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really, Thanks guys.

Sean, the Miller and Rhoads project was actually supposed to start last year, but then Katrina hit and set HRI back. I've heard they are a great company to have on projects and I hope they'll do a stellar job on the old Miller and Rhoads. It's a place that means a lot to Richmonders.

I never really thought about it, but for the most part the convention center does engage the street better than others, even though it is a pretty massive building at over 700,000 sf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts