SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lurker
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It seems they have changed the height of the new tv-tower in guangzhou again! now they are making it taller, the last decision was to make it 450m now they have increased the height to 610m...

The article:
Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province, will harbor the world's tallest building - the to-be-built Guangzhou TV tower will reach 610 meters tall, according to the Tower's construction management center.

The project will cover an area of 175, 000 square meters, with a total investment of 2.215 billion yuan. The first phase of the project will be finished by 2007.

The tower will meet the demand for broadcasting the 2010 Asian Games, which is to be held in this south China metropolitan.

The original text:
http://newsgd.com/pictures/construction/200505230133.htm

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
I dont really care no matter how super tall is it, as long as they still not sconstruct it yet I still considered it as just a "Proposal"

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
is there greater chance of it going up yet ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Argh! That's another tower/building going up that's going to be taller than the CN Tower!... Wow, these super-talls are going up fast.... Can't wait to see it completed. Although I have to say I don't like the design that much... no bad, but not super... although I am happy it'll have a relatively large amount of indoor floor space compared to other TV towers

·
Registered
54 Posts
It reminds me of the tower they considered building in New Jersey soon after 9/11/01 to replace the mast lost on the WTC. I wonder if it is the same architect.

·
Mosher "K"
1,310 Posts
Is this building going to be build in the new cbd

·
Banned
360 Posts
Dubai-Lover said:
the best tv tower ever
and now they pushed it to 610m
insane but jaw dropping
This is better than the CN Tower?

This thing looks like a flimsy toy.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Agreed. IMO CN is the only truly graceful supertall nonhabitable tower, although I do like the ones in Berlin and Tehran. The Guangzhou one just looks confused...

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Neat. What's the first phase consist of, and how many phases are there to be? When's the tower to be completely finished, and what materials are they using? The rendering makes it look almost transparent.

·
Action
599 Posts
MandarinManMark said:
...although I am happy it'll have a relatively large amount of indoor floor space compared to other TV towers
How much floorspace is it going to have? I cant tell from the renderings. Does anyone have a closeup rendering of the top of it? have they released one?

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
Yeh, keep changing.

And I'm sure it will end up "NEVER BUILT".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts