Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People's Tower (Shanghai World Abundant Culture Tower/上海世博文化塔 )

A new supertall in Shanghai has been proposed in the World Expo 2010 architectural competition for Plot Z3-2. The building, designed by Frederic Schwartz Architect will be 588m tall with 140 floors. It will be a mixed used tower and will be completed in 2010. The proposal won a international competition in Dubai in 2004, and is one of Shanghai world abundant tower planns.

This is all i was able to find at the moment, its hard to search in Chinese pages when i don't speak Chinese! I just hope i didn't mix this building up with a building which has been known a while!

·
-
3,632 Posts
This is or could be great news!

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Now that's what we should be building. That's gorgeous.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
so are they building it now for the expo? or is it just a proposal...

I mean, they have just 4 more years....

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pflo777 said:
so are they building it now for the expo? or is it just a proposal...

I mean, they have just 4 more years....
The whole plann won the competition of 34 proposals, so the whole of the plan is approved, but i don't know if they have really deceidet to build the tower or not.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
didu said:
what a waste of money ...
Huh? :|

You mean you don't like the design?

I think the design is awesome. Very futuristic and nice, and the location of the tower is perfect, now i just hope they build it.

·
Lord of the Ring
887 Posts
^^ No, the design is out of this world and I really love it. But I just think there are already
so many tall office buildings in SH and the occupancy rate is pretty low, there is really not
that much point for the SH government to spend more money on building more empty
super talls. You know, sometimes you have to forgo what you want so you can get what
you need ...

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
didu said:
^^ No, the design is out of this world and I really love it. But I just think there are already
so many tall office buildings in SH and the occupancy rate is pretty low, there is really not
that much point for the SH government to spend more money on building more empty
super talls. You know, sometimes you have to forgo what you want so you can get what
you need ...
Yeah i've heard that. But this tower is not going to be a office tower. Its supose to be a cultural tower first of all, but will contain some office, and probably a hotel. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,305 Posts
wow, that is beautiful!
If built, could become one of the best towers in the world.
How about trading our ugly Freedom Tower for this one? Please?
:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
didu said:
you need ...
I do agree, that what I was talking about :yes:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts