SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i visited Antakalnis district in Vilnius and as always took some pictures. Enjoy.

And here we go with map ;)

And photos

Šv. apaštalų Petro ir Povilo church

Vileišių palace

Walking towars Neris river..

U/C apartments near Neris ;)

And some abandoned homes..

Šv. Jono kongresijos Vilniaus cloister

Looking around ;)

Now we are in Antakalnis street

Maxima! ;)

Polish embassy

Smelio street

Tramvajų (tramway) street ;)

Btw this is old Antakalnis architecture, i hope one day they will be renovated ;)

On the next side of the street

Strange building + new apartments U/C

Wooden Antakalnis (i noticed that most of those old wooden houses are uninhabited)

The end of my trip.. nice, but uninhabited house

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sander said:
Nice pics. There are quite much new development( some new buildings look cheap though), but also something should be done with abandoned houses.
Actually most of new development here is in places where old abandoned houses once was, so sooner or later they will be gone ;)

·
Friend
264 Posts
Many citizens of Vilnius love Antakalnis. I personally hate this district. It always was such a dull and gloomy place to me. And those photos taken in such weather and time of year perfectly illustrate this...

·
Banned
16,065 Posts
Thank you, Geex! :) As always, your photos are first rate, and I love the way you capture so many decorative details. :eek:kay:

Alas along with the new and newly refurbished buildings, you also show us some dilapidated, abandoned houses. :( I'm sure they, too, were once handsome dwellings and an asset to their neighborhood, byt they now have fallen into sad times.

I hope there will not only be demolition of these old buildings to make room for new ones, but that at least some of them will be restored. :)

P.S. Thanks also to Edd! :) Lovely baroque architecture there. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.