SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antioquia
Hi all, I wanted to share a bunch of pictures I took on a trip to Colombia's department of Antioquia located in the Andean Mountains. Antioquia is highlighted in Yellow.

I start in the southern region of Antioquia deep in the Andes mountains. The topography consist of high mountains and scattered peaks. Which makes it a unique place.
this is peak is called los farallones.

A wider view of the region. This pic was taken before sunrise.

A resort in the area, called los farallones. duh!

Mountainous region near the town of Santa Barbara.

I found these flowers at the back of my granfathers farmhouse, I don't know the english name for it.

More radiant flowers, once again, I don't know the names of these.:(

part of my grampa's farm house. note the amount of lush vegetation :crazy:

In the region there is a lot of variety of fauna, yes there is a lizard in the pic.
can you see it?

there are more pics coming, I'm kind of lazy to keep posting. :hi: I hope you like the pics.

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This Area of Antioquia is around 2,000 mt, and the climate is mild/cold.

Santuario

Unbelievable :eek:hno:

More of the reagion of Santuario

This flower caught my attention, It is quite beautiful

·
Mr.Br*gthside
22,670 Posts
Nice.

I hope more pics are coming, because this thread wouldnt be complete without the cherry of the pie, Medellín.

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^lol, thanks for the comments

More pics

This thread of from the town of San Jeronimo located in the middle of the Department.
(San Jeronimo, Antioquia)
This is typical of the region. Every New Year Eve people buy one of these dolls and stuff them with fireworks. Once is Midnight they lit it up and off they go :lol: "This is illegal in they country, It is enforced with in the cities but not in the towns"

The old capital of Antioquia, which now the capital is Medellin. This town is located 20 minutes north of San Jeronimo. :cheers:

The Town is a patrimony to the country due to its old colonial houses :yes:

backyard of a house. It was being repaired when I took the picture

More

Central Plaza of the Town :nuts:

Big Water Park in the Area

Lush vegetation, Clean Air :)

I took the picture of this rare bird called gallito de roca in spanish. I don't know the name in English :).

·
Excessively Rational
704 Posts
The land of my grandparents, how beautiful. I hope you have photos of the typical farmhouses of the region, I don't think that type of architecture is seen anywhere else in the world.

·
Eterno insatisfecho
5,830 Posts
What a wonderful place!
Those flowers are called "Corazón de Jesús" in Spanish.
And the old capital has some interesting old buildings. I like Antioquia; I like your country in general.

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
more :yes:
this is a typical country side bus in colombia, it was commonly used in the past, but now is only used for road parties. This bus is called chiva or escalera.

More countryside near Santa Barbara south of Antioquia.

For some reazon we decided to ride horses in the area. Pretty fun day.
Here we are crossing a small river called Arma. (Pintada, Antioquia)

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where the FU** is medellin?
patience my fellow young man.

here is more pics of Antioquia.

here is a typical church in colombia. This one in particular was decorated for Christmas. The church is located in Sabaneta.

In this picture you can apreciate the dangerous terrain the cars go by, this is very common since the mountains and the rains make them vulnerable for landslides. note the big boulders. There was a case where a family go killed when a giant boulder slid down and flattened the car. :(

more cloud forest, I forgot where I took this one.

this one is a typical countryside restauran, it has awsome steaks. :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts