SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Any good Turkish restaurants in Vienna?

3055 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  kaffee_trinker
I will be flying into your glorious sublime city for the first time and I have googled restaurants with no luck whatsoever.
And no I don't mean the fast food hole in the wall "kebab" joints which also sell Pizza. Whats that all about? Fusion Cuisine?

Too, I have not had luck finding photos of downtown Vienna on this board.
Maybe its because I don't speak German.

Any advice in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, literally and figuratively.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I don't know anything about Vienna; I've never been there. Maybe you'll have better luck with hole-in-the-wall restaurants. However, if you find any Turkish restaurants, and I'm sure you will, eat until you s... yourself :) I hear there's a huge Turkish comminity there. Plus, you should not leave Vienna without first trying the Swiss Rotisserie chicken available in most supermarkets. I tried it in Switzerland and I'm sure you'll find it in both Austria and Germany. It's the best chicken you'll ever taste. Trust me!
triboro said:
I will be flying into your glorious sublime city for the first time and I have googled restaurants with no luck whatsoever.
And no I don't mean the fast food hole in the wall "kebab" joints which also sell Pizza. Whats that all about? Fusion Cuisine?

Too, I have not had luck finding photos of downtown Vienna on this board.
Maybe its because I don't speak German.

Any advice in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, literally and figuratively.
Go to the deli section next time :)

My brother went to Switzerland a few years ago to visit some relatives near Zurich and he tried Turkish made hot-dogs. He was raving about it; my aunt sent us some, but he had to report it at the customs when he entered the States. He had to give it up :( My dad also says they're scrumptious. I don't know if there are any Turkish shops around here, but I'm going to do a little research.
triboro said:
Thanks Marsdenk,

I was in Zurich as well, and chicken was nowhere to be found. It is either pork or beef, no in between.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.