SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
We had a run of about 2 weeks straight (maybe more) with absolutely no rain, but for the past 5 days and for most of the 7-day forecast we have rain (not washouts though, and the weekend was largely sunny). Fortunately for us, we need[ed] it, we should have gotten it back during our inordinately dry April.

But nothing on the caliber of what some areas of NE are getting. I don't know what it is, this is the second major flooding in NH since I left.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
We've had rain just about everyday this week, but like Matt said...at least we've had periods of sunshine. Last night, it just starting pouring out of nowhere. This morning...sun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I live in Southern NH and I have never seen anything like this. Whole roads are washed away. There is a golf couse next the Merrimack river in Manchester and it is completely gone. They were doing construction on the Granite St Bridge in Downtown Manch and they had built a temp structure for the construction workers to work on and it is now washed away. There have been cars flipped over and everything. Luckily my house on on highland but my basement is still flooding up though. My sister is out of school indefinately and they dont have to make these school days up because of the state of emergency. In the town I live in (Hooksett which borders Manchester) all roads were closed off and only residents were allowed in. And I have never seen a situation where the national guard had to come out. I've seen so many Humvees blocking off streets. Its just crazy! Watch the weather channel to get an idea of whats going on here.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Some photo pages linked off of www.concordmonitor.com.

Shouldn't be too difficult to navigate and find them...

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's supposed to rain all the way until Sunday night. This sucks!! 103 degrees in Phoenix!! God, I wish I was in Phoenix right now!!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
mid-town said:
It's supposed to rain all the way until Sunday night. This sucks!! 103 degrees in Phoenix!! God, I wish I was in Phoenix right now!!
103° is hell, especially in May. Of course that's only one bloke's opinion.

As for that last sentence, I can't envision any situation which would make me utter those words in that order and context lol.

·
Premium Member
30,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sun's back again, it's currently 70F here, it's all good.

Hartford only got about 6" of rain in the last week, we were definitely spared from the worst. Parts of NE Mass and Southern NH had over 13 inches of rain, and rivers were flooded all over, as you know.

It's not the rain that gets to me, but the Noreasters (this was one, i think). Instead of having one storm go from the west quickly like normal. The storm goes in all directions and might just stick around, making conditions miserable.

CT weather, man...it can be 85F one day, and 45 the next.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sargeantcm said:
103° is hell, especially in May. Of course that's only one bloke's opinion.

As for that last sentence, I can't envision any situation which would make me utter those words in that order and context lol.
Phoenix isn't humid though. You don't even have a chance to sweat because right when you start to, it evaporates. It's not miserable heat like up here.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ Maybe true, but I've also heard that when it gets to a certain point, it doesn't matter anymore - it's just HOT.

·
Banned
568 Posts
we didnt get any much rain as we were supposed to get. it rained the past 5 mornings but it the sun came out for the rest of the afternoon.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Same here. The forecast has been doom and gloom for the past week, and while we have had a good share of rain, we've had some pretty substantial breaks of sun and even clear skies. Definitely no washout.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts