SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wikipedia states this and some people are not believeing it - myself included....

The Toronto Queen Street store will open ground floor boutiques for Louis Vuitton, Chanel Accessories, Prada, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, and others to be announced Fall 2009. Vancouver and Montreal ground-floor designer boutiques will
is it true the Bay toronto has these instore boutiques?

chanel
louis vuitton
prada
gucci
salvatore ferragamo

any others?

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
I have also heard they are installing boutiques, but I don't know if they exist yet, though. The Bay is really going more upscale since being bought out by Lord and Taylor. You would faint if you walked through "The Room", up on the third floor. It ain't yer Aunt Mabel's store anymore...

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
In this month's edition of Toronto Life there is an article titled: "Holt Renfrew vs. The Bay." May be an interesting read!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
wikipedia states this and some people are not believeing it - myself included....

is it true the Bay toronto has these instore boutiques?

chanel
louis vuitton
prada
gucci
salvatore ferragamo

any others?
If you go into the Bay, on the ground floor at the corner of Yonge and Queen, there is a lot of construction going on with not much info...if you ask an employee, you will get your answer...yes, they are opening the boutiques, but it was delayed a bit from last year.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go into the Bay, on the ground floor at the corner of Yonge and Queen, there is a lot of construction going on with not much info...if you ask an employee, you will get your answer...yes, they are opening the boutiques, but it was delayed a bit from last year.
i would do that if i lived in toronto but alas in vancouver

we too are getting instore boutiques - rumoured to be coach and kate spade and maybe a better home for Tous

the richmond centre store is apparently getting an instore coach boutique

but coach is not Louis Vuitton by a mile

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Coach is the 'everyman's' taste of 'fashion.'

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah there is inside holts

and they have just renovated and probably doubled the size of the LV store here - it will become a Louis Vuitton Maison - apparently the first one in Canada

basically a maison is an LV store that sells everything including the womens ready to wear - most LV's just sell the goods and not the clothes

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
The LV store on Bloor sells clothing as well, does that make it a LV 'Maison'?

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
The LV in Toronto is massive, two floors and sells nearly everything in their catalogue.

Must be a Maison as well.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no unless its states its a maison its not a maison

I don't know what makes a maison a maison only that they are a new concept for LV and they have just started to open them outside of France

London UK has one, New York has one and now Vancouver has one in Canada

I've never been inside the LV store in vancouver - the scary looking asian sales lady scares me and i think you have to pay just to breathe the air inside or something dare to even pick up a shoe and gasp at the sticker price

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
reading online all i can seem to find about a maison is this

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Louis Vuitton has emerged in recent years as a pioneer of integrating art and luxury within a retail environment with their visionary “Maison” stores. On March 3, Louis Vuitton opened their ninth Maison in the dynamic city of Kobe, this time featuring a hanging sculpture by Brooklyn-based artist Alyson Shotz.

All Louis Vuitton's Masions were opened after 2005, in prominent cities around the world including Taipei. Each store highlights a different contemporary artist.
so it seems they are part gallery part store designed around a particular artist

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Hmm strange, but yes, the store in Toronto carries ready to wear for men and women, including all the accessories and normally associated LV crap.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think the vancouver store was too small to carry the clothes - if they did carry them they never showed them in the windows and were not visible from the street - they have added a second floor and made the store 10,000 sq ft

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
If Toronto's LV store gets remodelled as a 'Maison' I hope the artistic element is designed around Toronto (musical) artist Peaches :D

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the maison is their new concept - toronto is not a maison - they are slowly converting some locations into "maisons"

its not biggie - i still can't afford the $1000 shoes

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's kind of like when A&W, Blacks, and Shoppers went all "concepty" - obviously not in the same league as LV but you get the idea. The Maison thing is a funky way of saying that store will now be carrying things it didn't carry before. Given that the LV on Bloor already carries every line that LV has to offer, calling it Maison doesn't really change much.
I know the Yorkdale LV and Holts on Bloor LV are in-store boutiques but do they carry clothes as well?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts