SkyscraperCity Forum banner

ANZ looking for 100,000 sq metres of space !

6K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Muse 
oh no - not another groundscraper!!! that would mean no new scrapers built in melbourne for ages if they move out of ANZ and Collins Place = glut of scraper office space! no no no no no no - we NEED a new scraper to make up for the new glut of scraper office space!!! AMP Church Place on the Grand Central site, anyone???!!! 100,000 sq metres is definitely screaming for a new scraper!!!

tayser said:
The CBD is just as human as Docklands, even more so.

However I don't think it would be a shame either - it would be a crying shame if they moved to a burb, like Optus & Microsoft to North Ryde, GlaxoSmithKlyne to Noble Park, Siemens to Bayswater and St. George to Alexandria.
It makes sense for manufacturing and IT firms to move out to the burbs, but I seriously doubt that a major bank (one of the big 4) would move to the burbs. What I'm more worried about is if they go for a groundscraper over a skyscraper!!! :D

so our worst fears have come true - ANZ are looking at a campus style development. my first thoughts (fears) are that Vic Harbour will be, as Tays noted, a commuter precinct - dead after 5pm (not 8pm!). Nuff said.

I already noted above, and now others have too, that this will spell the end of new CBD office towers for YONKS because there'll be a glut of office space. That's it - it's all over. We all might as well move to Adelaide. no matter how good the campus style development is, we're all stuffed - no more new commercial scrapers for yonks. and the fact is - NAB isn't exactly an ING, issit? Are we going to get an archiwonder? Hope so, but probably not. I don't understand HOW CAN THERE NOT BE ENOUGH SPACE IN THE CBD TO SUPPORT A NEW SKYSCRAPER?!

btw, mallesons recently moved into bourke place, so that's the end of that.

I'm tearing my hair out over this!!! I'm getting stresseD!!!! :rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.