Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Made in Turkey
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well.

Atatürk

http://www.awm.gov.au/encyclopedia/ataturk.htm

Pictures from the ANZAC Day:

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well.

Atatürk

We are brothers since then :cheers1:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
this is the turkish respect of the fallen soldiers from both sides although our enemies want to invade our country!
RIP!

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
I went there in 2003 and it was wonderfull, thanks to the Turkish people who are so friendly and hospitable as well. Istanbul is an amazing city, such a mix of old and new. I also had a great time in the bars around Taxim.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Turkish and Anzac soldiers died together. now thier sons welcome here. beatiful pictures, this is good example for whole world, i think.

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
Urban Girl said:
Turkish and Anzac soldiers died together. now thier sons welcome here. beatiful pictures, this is good example for whole world, i think.
It should be. We Can celebrate together for the conection our two nation's have. If we could keep such a strong relationship going, we can learn tolllernece and better understanding of our very different cultures.

The Australian Media went on about the Rubbish left there, Saying it was un-australian and that we should be ashamed that they were drinking Beer and leaving bottles around. As regretable as it is, its very australian. John Howard told them to get farked.

We should have more bins. But o well. 90 Years. Ill probably go in the future when i get out of school. mabey 100 year.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts

Atatürk
He must be the noblest human being ever existed throughout history. He is a truly great man.
His sayings and deeds always give me goose bumps of pride and respect.

I wonder how most of Australian and New Zealandean people feel about that Çanakkale War issue..

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
i just wanted to remember and remind this incident

·
Registered
295 Posts
Istanbullu said:

Atatürk
what a wonderfull words these are. What a great man.

tüylerim diken diken oldu

1 - 16 of 16 Posts