Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is for discussions on all HSR projects in AP.

A Japanese consortium was selected for the study of Hyderabad-Dornakal-Vijayawada-Chennai HSL.

Previous Discussions on the same topic.

Well...you could argue that the metro will have higher frequency than the MMTS, so that's a point in favor of having a metro link. Either that, or they can go for a feeder link to the ORR's proposed circular railway line (whatever happened to it?).

In an ideal world, IMO, they'd go for a Transrapid link to HITECCity via the ORR's center divider, as an additional, premium airport rail link. Sound farfetched? Well, before I continue with this idea, I'd like to say a few things:

1. Every major project to improve Hyderabad has had its naysayers. We had people who thought the ORR would be impossible to build, for instance.
  2. We had people who complained that the new airport in Shamshabad would be too much/too fancy for Hyderabad.
  3. Although Transrapid systems are more expensive to build than conventional HSR systems (because they can't share existing track), they have lower operating costs because they don't have to have any wheels replaced.
  4. Because there's no friction with the track (only air resistance and magnetic drag), a Transrapid train travelling at 400km/h only makes as much sound as a conventional train travelling at 80km/h.
  5. Hyderabad can probably save money by building such a system at today's stage of its economic development, when labor costs are still low.

Here's a good information video:

Currently, the only place in the world with a regular, passenger-carrying Transrapid line in service is Shanghai, where it complements Line 2 of the Shanghai Metro by providing high-speed access to a major road somewhere along the way to the CBD from Pudong International Airport. The Shanghai Maglev is largely considered a white elephant due to it's low ridership numbers, but that's probably because it stops 20min (by Metro Line 2) from the CBD.

If Hyderabad is to use a similar solution (because running a conventional HSR line through the city will have special alignment and noises challenges, and a near-HSR rail link would still take quite a bit of time to go to HITECCity), any Transrapid line from the airport will have to first stop at Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road (exit on the ORR's spur road towards Gachibowli), continue on through a highly built-up environment to Shilparamam station (end of Phase-1 of the Hyderabad Metro), and then somehow run from there to Secundrabad Station. Needless to say, the three stops in the actual city (Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road near Gachibowli, Shilparamam, and Secundrabad Station) may have to be executed as separate phases, like so:

• Phase-I: RGIA --> Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road
  • Phase-II: Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road --> Shilparamam
  • Phase-III: Shilparamam --> Secundrabad Station

Needless to say, Phases II and III will post the most technical challenges, although I suspect Transrapid's alignment parameters should make it somewhat feasible (as opposed to a conventional HSR on a viaduct, which would have problems negotiating all the twists and turns at high speed, not to mention noise problems).

Does it still sound too out there for Hyderabad? Well, a mere decade ago, Hyderabadis would've called it sheer madness to think that the city would be encircled by an 8-lane, controlled-access expressway signed between 80 and 120km/h depending on the section in the future. It got built, despite many delays, and is currently on track to be finished (except for one interchange at Kandalakoya on NH7) by the end of this year. Even ten years ago, we would've called it sheer madness to think that Hyderabad would have one of the world's best airports in its class before the end of the decade. It got finished in 2008, opened to wide fanfare despite some initial connectivity issues, and surprised everyone in Skytrax's quality surveys.

Bottom line: Hyderabadis can do great things with a bit of effort, and although my suggestion of using Transrapid for Hyderabad's airport rail link may seem too fanciful to be taken seriously, we must also keep in mind that having an airport that's located as far from the city as Hyderabad's is makes Hyderabad particularly well-suited to having such a high-speed system. Yes, it will be a far more technically-challenging project than Delhi's Airport Metro Express, and probably whatever system Bangalore will eventually use for its airport rail link, but prestige aside, who wouldn't want to get from RGIA to HITECCity in less than 20 minutes (less than ten if you count Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road)?
I'm not a transport engineer, nor do I work for L&T. I just made that post as a thought experiment. I do think your Medchal extension would be best implemented as a 4th phase to my proposal, running to Medchal from Secundrabad Station. keep in mind, however, that a maglev line to Medchal from the airport via HITEC City and Secundrabad Station will be far longer than 60km. This is because it will take around 30km to get from Shamshabad to Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road, another 5-7km to Shilparamam, and possibly another 20-30km to Secundrabad Station. In fact, running a maglev line from Shilparamam to Secundrabad Station will probably be the most challenging part of my idea.

Moreover, running such a thing on parallel viaducts next to the U/C metro may or may not be feasible in the city, since space on the ground (even for railway viaduct pillars) is at a premium in Hyderabad. Moreover, elevated expressways are also needed in addition to the metro and other urban rail systems in Hyderabad, further creating land crunches (especially on NH-9, where a metro rail line is being built). In addition, Hyderabad's terrain poses special challenges to TBMs, making underground solutions for metro expansions, expressways, any sort of airport maglev line incredibly expensive.

As for Medchal, it's probably more practical to connect it to the U/C Hyderabad Metro with either a line extension from JBS, or an MMTS extension. The sheer price of a Maglev system ($1.33B for a 30.5km line in Shanghai) means that extending it beyond Secundrabad Station (a stop will allow such a system to benefit airport users who aren't connected with the IT industry and need to connect to a rail service) will only be viable if large numbers of people from suburbs far north of Secundrabad Station start using the Airport and if travelling on an urban high-speed maglev (blame noise pollution concerns and twisty city roads) that also stops at three separate places on the way to the airport manages to be significantly quicker than taking the ORR.

Another option is to do something similar to the stalled Shanghai-Hangzhou Maglev and build a station in Medchal along the way from Secundrabad to someplace else. However, building such a line as an extension of any sort of airport rail link in Hyderabad is beyond the scope of this thead, and would probably lead to legal issues with the AP Tramways Act (which is the relevant law for both the Hyderabad Metro and any airport rail link to RGIA).

IMO, the focus should first be on Phase 1 of the Metro, with any sort of airport rail link (maglev or conventional) initially focusing on going from Shamshabad to HITEC City, then to Secundrabad Station (or some other major railway station).

For example, here's the route used by Delhi's Airport Metro Express:

I don't know if they plan to extend it beyond New Delhi Railway Station (it stops at the largest train station in the city) up to some suburb or another in the North, but I think they expect people travelling north of New Delhi Railway Station to change to another line or take a taxi.

Basically, if anyone takes my Transrapid idea seriously, I think running the thing from Medchal to Secundrabad Station may not pay off as much as much as the rest of the line (RGIA-Khajaguda-Shilparamam-Secundrabad Station). Since a 30km line costs 1.33B, it might not even be financially-viable to build a Maglev line beyond Shilparamam, or even Khajaguda. If that is the case, I can only hope that an airport rail link (conventional or maglev, but preferrably maglev) won't turn into a white elephant.

Footnote: The reason why I suggested Transrapid instead of JR's JR-Maglev is that the JR-Maglev system doesn't seem to be approved for commercial use yet.
If we want to take any such link to Secunderabad then the stretch near the station has to be u/g, there is no other way. I dont know how L&T is going to manage constructing 2 eleavted lines near Sec'Bad :eek:hno: Another possible way is making the Airport corridor is NH7-> Aramgarh Junction -> Saidabad IRR -> Sagar X Road -> LB Nagar/Uppal. This route is not as beneficial as you suggested (i.e., it does not connect the cyberabad or sec'bad directly) but it can be done easily as the IRR is pretty wide and can accomodate metro/hsr line. Only thing is to connect to this line people need to take a metro to Uppal/Lb Ngar and continue the airport line from there on.
From Hitec City to Airport it now takes around 30 min(Or Less depending on the time of the day and some people are doing it now in less than 20 min). Theoretically(If speed limits are applied) it should take 23 min(5 min to ORR Entry + 11 min ORR + 7 min from ORR exit to Terminal). And as the city grows towards Shamshabad from Gachibowli for most people and businesses this time will be less.

Even if you have a Transrapid it will take 7-8 min.. Do you think for someone who is travelling, 15 minutes would make a lot of difference? That is something that we have to debate.
The people who would want to save 15 minutes will definitely be able to afford a chopper. A HSR would serve people of the city I guess. But I hope Im wrong:)

I'm all in for a project like a TransRapid but no govt will approve it particularly after the consequences Naidu faced because of his style of functioning.
Maglev Train Shanghai. For the future, Hyderabad metro can consider this for Apt link and ORR Circular Train.
We agree to disagree.. good enough for me...

Yep! I hope they get around to building a dedicated rail link to the airport eventually and not just extend the MMTS! The MMTS connection would be wasted there.
Dear Naga

I know you suggested this before. Great idea. Only Kochi has a maglev plan for a metro as far as I know. But, Hyderabad can consider it too.

I think the current metro system under constuction should be extended to the airport. That is the easiest solution.

For the future, Maglev can be considered along the ORR and to the Airport and the IT district. As of now there are no major towns on the ORR. But, the plan is to develop townships and facilitate urban growth on this route. I would like to suggest a stop every 2 km on the ORR or as required based on future urban growth. In reality, Hyderabad will spread to the ORR, and the ORR may define the outer wall of the Hyderabad municipal limits (GHMC in 10-15 years).

In addition, the RRR is being planned to encircle the ORR. The ORR is 160 km. The RRR is 260 km. This is where new urban centers or townships are likely to grow. The Maglev is well suited for these ring roads. Ideally Maglev is good for great distances (not shorter routes). Maglev is most suited for inter city travel.

Regards
Dear Tankbund,

Although there aren't too many towns now, your idea of having maglev stops every 2km means that a Transrapid maglev won't be able to get anywhere near its optimum speed range unless those stops have switches for express maglev trains.

Because of such considerations, my earlier posts on this subject suggest running an airport maglev line on viaducts in the ORR's center divider and on other land, running parallel with the ORR from Shamshabad to Gachibowli without sharing space with the existing provision for a circular railway. This is because such a circular railway will eventually have to stop every 2-5km or so, while the Transrapid system requires 8 km to hit 300km/h. It maxes out at 550km/h, and its highest operating speed in commercial service is 431km/h (in Shanghai). My calculus is really bad, so I can't tell you the peak speed of a Transrapid maglev on a 2km stretch.

Kochi's maglev metro proposal is encouraging, however it should be noted that it's probably a low-speed maglev design. Moreover, such track systems are incompatible with the Transrapid system, since the Transrapid consortium has sole ownership of its approach to the problem of high-speed maglev design. JR has a competing design, known as the JR-Maglev, but despite being faster (578km/h max test speed) than the Transrapid system, it has the following drawbacks:

• It hasn't been put into commercial operation yet, and I'm not even sure if it's been approved for commercial use in Japan yet.
  • It requres wheels below 150km/h, since it can only levitate above a certain speed
  • it rewuires extra magnetic shielding in the passenger compartments, otherwise the train will erase people's credit cards and interfere with pacemakers.

Once again, I'm all in favor of Hyderabad opening a major floodgate by using a high-speed maglev system for an airport link. I also think that if Hyderabad is to use a maglev for anything, it should be for an airport rail link to Gachibowli and beyond, since I can't see how much of an advantage a low-speed maglev will give to an ordinary metro system. I also believe that much as Shanghai has both a conventional metro line to the airport and a high-speed link, your idea of extending the metro from Faluknama will also help complement things.

I'm not sure what will happen with the ORR and PRR's parallel rail links in the future, but I think there should be an airport rail link built before any more serious talk of any other high-speed maglev lines in the Greater Hyderabad region. This is because maglev technology is still quite expensive, so if Hyderabad can only have one such line, it should be from RGIA to Gachibowli and, if possible, to either Begumpet, Secundrabad, or Nampally Rlwy Stns.

Naga_Solidus
Dear Naga

Agreed with your analysis.

I will take Maglev anywhere in Hyderabad.

But, Maglev is best for inter city travel (HYD-BLR example) and not for intra city travel.

Regards

Well...you could argue that the metro will have higher frequency than the MMTS, so that's a point in favor of having a metro link. Either that, or they can go for a feeder link to the ORR's proposed circular railway line (whatever happened to it?).

In an ideal world, IMO, they'd go for a Transrapid link to HITECCity via the ORR's center divider, as an additional, premium airport rail link. Sound farfetched? Well, before I continue with this idea, I'd like to say a few things:

1. Every major project to improve Hyderabad has had its naysayers. We had people who thought the ORR would be impossible to build, for instance.
  2. We had people who complained that the new airport in Shamshabad would be too much/too fancy for Hyderabad.
  3. Although Transrapid systems are more expensive to build than conventional HSR systems (because they can't share existing track), they have lower operating costs because they don't have to have any wheels replaced.
  4. Because there's no friction with the track (only air resistance and magnetic drag), a Transrapid train travelling at 400km/h only makes as much sound as a conventional train travelling at 80km/h.
  5. Hyderabad can probably save money by building such a system at today's stage of its economic development, when labor costs are still low.

Here's a good information video:

Currently, the only place in the world with a regular, passenger-carrying Transrapid line in service is Shanghai, where it complements Line 2 of the Shanghai Metro by providing high-speed access to a major road somewhere along the way to the CBD from Pudong International Airport. The Shanghai Maglev is largely considered a white elephant due to it's low ridership numbers, but that's probably because it stops 20min (by Metro Line 2) from the CBD.

If Hyderabad is to use a similar solution (because running a conventional HSR line through the city will have special alignment and noises challenges, and a near-HSR rail link would still take quite a bit of time to go to HITECCity), any Transrapid line from the airport will have to first stop at Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road (exit on the ORR's spur road towards Gachibowli), continue on through a highly built-up environment to Shilparamam station (end of Phase-1 of the Hyderabad Metro), and then somehow run from there to Secundrabad Station. Needless to say, the three stops in the actual city (Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road near Gachibowli, Shilparamam, and Secundrabad Station) may have to be executed as separate phases, like so:

• Phase-I: RGIA --> Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road
  • Phase-II: Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road --> Shilparamam
  • Phase-III: Shilparamam --> Secundrabad Station

Needless to say, Phases II and III will post the most technical challenges, although I suspect Transrapid's alignment parameters should make it somewhat feasible (as opposed to a conventional HSR on a viaduct, which would have problems negotiating all the twists and turns at high speed, not to mention noise problems).

Does it still sound too out there for Hyderabad? Well, a mere decade ago, Hyderabadis would've called it sheer madness to think that the city would be encircled by an 8-lane, controlled-access expressway signed between 80 and 120km/h depending on the section in the future. It got built, despite many delays, and is currently on track to be finished (except for one interchange at Kandalakoya on NH7) by the end of this year. Even ten years ago, we would've called it sheer madness to think that Hyderabad would have one of the world's best airports in its class before the end of the decade. It got finished in 2008, opened to wide fanfare despite some initial connectivity issues, and surprised everyone in Skytrax's quality surveys.

Bottom line: Hyderabadis can do great things with a bit of effort, and although my suggestion of using Transrapid for Hyderabad's airport rail link may seem too fanciful to be taken seriously, we must also keep in mind that having an airport that's located as far from the city as Hyderabad's is makes Hyderabad particularly well-suited to having such a high-speed system. Yes, it will be a far more technically-challenging project than Delhi's Airport Metro Express, and probably whatever system Bangalore will eventually use for its airport rail link, but prestige aside, who wouldn't want to get from RGIA to HITECCity in less than 20 minutes (less than ten if you count Khajaguda-Nanakramguda Road)?
From Hitec City to Airport it now takes around 30 min(Or Less depending on the time of the day and some people are doing it now in less than 20 min). Theoretically(If speed limits are applied) it should take 23 min(5 min to ORR Entry + 11 min ORR + 7 min from ORR exit to Terminal). And as the city grows towards Shamshabad from Gachibowli for most people and businesses this time will be less.

Even if you have a Transrapid it will take 7-8 min.. Do you think for someone who is travelling, 15 minutes would make a lot of difference? That is something that we have to debate.
The people who would want to save 15 minutes will definitely be able to afford a chopper. A HSR would serve people of the city I guess. But I hope Im wrong:)

I'm all in for a project like a TransRapid but no govt will approve it particularly after the consequences Naidu faced because of his style of functioning.
Exactly. The maglev proposed for Kochi metro isnt like shanghai maglev. This is a slow moving maglev which is being tried currently at only one place right now. I think it is Incheon airport maglev built by Rotem. Though its a good concept, its not a proven system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZpVCtyQi4

We cant risk our money with an unproven system. And for Shanghai like maglev i dont think we have so much money and space to spare as Hyderabad airport isn't as busy as shanghai to make it feasible. Also Maglev or any high speed train require straight lines with least curves possible and i dont think we have enough space like that in our cramped cities unless we bulldoze a good chunk of properties.
Agreed. There's more on this matter in the HSR thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1345053&page=47

An intercity maglev line would be ideal, yet IR is likely to raise interoperability concerns because conventional HSR lines, even though they use dedicated rail corridors on many sections, share their lines with conventional rail near stations and in some other areas as a cost-saving measure. However, despite certain legal barriers in the Indian context, I remain optimistic that an inter-city maglev line could be viable in a place like India. Such a line, perhaps Hyderabad-Guntur-Vishakapatnam, can probably built in the future as an extension of a Hyderabad airport rail line. This is no different from the indefinetly-delayed Shanghai-Hangzhou maglev, a proposed Shanghai maglev line extension which appears to have been rendered semi-redundant (but not really, after all Transrapid beats conventional HSR 550km/h to 300-350km/h) by a convetional HSR line running up to 300km/h.
Points well taken. However, we do have enough space to build a line with the required straightness from RGIA to Khajaguda-Nanagkramguda Rd, with reduced-speed curves near the airport and trumpet interchange towards Gachibowli (you know, for the short 6-lane spur expressway to Gachibowli Jn). It's extending such a maglev line further into the city (such as to Shilparamam or HITECCity Rlwy Stn, or even to Begumpet or Secundrabad Rlwy Stn) that will be a problem due to curves, built-up areas, etc. even then, it's important to note that Transrapid allows sharper curves at any given speed than a conventional HSR system does.

It's true that Hyderabad only has a fraction of Shanghai's air traffic. It also has only a fraction of Munich's air traffic (a Transrapid maglev line was proposed for Munich, but it was killed in the 2008 global recession due to severe cost overruns). However, it's also true that planning for the far future is important, especially when reversing decades of poor planning is a Herculean task. For example, the ORR has hardly any traffic, yet Hyderabad built it anyway (the final bit should open this winter) to plan for the far future. It had numerous naysayers because, until the ORR opened its first divided section, Hyderabad had no expressway network whatsoever. Now, despite instances of bad driving, inco plate sections, and massive underutilization, the ORR has become a source of pride for Hyderabad.

A Transrapid maglev airport link, at least to the new CBD near Gachibowli, can be another such source of pride. And given the issue of construction costs, if Hyderabad is to be an early adopter, the city should probably do it when construction worker salaries are relatively low. This is because the rest of the costs are due to the price of a new technology and the costs have to be controlled somewhere.

IMO, such a system would be a great option for Phase-II of the metro project, since Hyderabad will have more traffic by then, the main metro will have a good reputation among commuters, and the project could still be a major groundbreaker even 15 years after the opening of the Shanghai Maglev.

And now, back to Phase-I construction updates. irrational_indian has some great progress pics, and I salute L&T for the current pace of construction.
^^ But its only 20 min drive to airport from Hitech city and Gachibowli on ORR. Do you think anyone will use transrapid to travel to airport even if it is built? Even transrapid will take 10 mins to reach airport after acceleration and deceleration slowdowns. And then again it will be a pain in ass to walk from maglev station to terminal and traveling to maglev station in gachibowli or Hitech City. If you take a taxi, you will land straight in front of the door and walk in. It might be feasible if the distances are far and traveling time on road is longer like future navi Mumbai airport to downtown Mumbai but i am not sure abt Hyderabad.
The way it is supposed to be is that the train should have a station right next to the terminal, so no walking should be needed!

Also, if it only goes to gachibowli, it will be useless for large parts of Hyderabad. If it is going to be useful, it needs to have a stop somewhere near the secunderabad station and gachibowli. Which means going along the ORR wont be an option..
Totally agree ! At this time, and for a foreseeable future, the ORR is quite big and quite empty, so travel time to airport is pretty much 20 mins that would make the HSR to Hitec city redundant.

For those passengers from rest of AP as well as for resident hyderabadis, connecting that Highspeed rail to railway stations and bus-stands make more sense.
The ORR route is still necessary to have it stop in Gachibowli along the way to somewhere else, such as Secundrabad Station. This is because the ORR is the main right of way from RGIA to Gachibowli, and the route towards Faluknama and all is likely to be covered by a conventional metro extension from Faluknama (or an MMTS link, if Phase-II ever gets implemented). In any case, such a high-speed rail line (7-8min from Gachibowli to RGIA, judging by the time taken by the Shanghai maglev) will need to be built in such a way as to allow the RGIA end to be extended into an intercity line, possibly to Warangal or Guntur, and then onwards to Vishakapatnam.
^^ This a topic that needs a separate thread of its own :)

Maglevs between cities will have to be constructed by the Government and there is no way that this massive infra project can be made digestible to the private sector in the form of PPP.. And I'm sure the state government is in no position to build it itself. Infact it din't build the Metro itself because it was hell bent on giving freebies to people:eek:hno:

The only way a Maglev between Hyderabad and Vizag can be built in the near future is if the Government sells atleast 1000 acres of land around Hyderabad and another 10000 acres of land near Vizag for an Industrial Corridor and a port(Something like VANPIC which the politicians want for themselves :evil: )

But all the same its a good idea to do a feasability and alignment study and acquire the lands for the network of Maglevs the state requires before it becomes impossible to acquire land.
A Japanese consortium was selected for the study of Hyderabad-Dornakal-Vijayawada-Chennai HSL.

·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Personally I don't think the alignment of Hyd-Chennai HSRL makes any sense because neither does it go directly to Vijayawada through Nalgonda nor does it connect Warangal inspite of taking a longer route..

·
Banned
313 Posts
Personally I don't think the alignment makes any sense because neither does it go directly to Vijayawada through Nalgonda not does it connect Warangal inspire of taking a longer route..
If you happen to see the HRSL Network, it is mainly to connect Tamil Nadu with all other State Capitals in South India. where Tamils can have easy entry and exit for them.

Hyderabad-Dornakal-Vijayawada-Chennai - This route was chosen if Andhra Pradesh is separate into Telangana and Andhra then they can have connectivity to both state Capitals.

Further from Vijayawada the line will connect to KolKata.

But if Anantapur is made as Andhra Capital - Then we might see the change in HSRL Link to Chennai also getting changed.

Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Erranakulam which is extended to Tiruvanthapuram.

Karnataka is trying to include Mysore into Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Erranakulam which is extended to Tiruvanthapuram.

Not sure how far Tamil Nadu will agree for it. Has it increases the Time of travel to coimbatore.

Instead if Tamil Nadu focuses on having connectivity from Chennai -Tiruvanamalai -Salem-Erode-Coimbatore will be helping it's Population and State GDP to grow enormously.

Further they can extend it from Coimbatore-Tirchy -Nagore-Cuddalore-Puducherry-Mahabalipuram -Chennai.

·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ I think the HSR plans predate the 2009 Telangana agitations.. So I think there is no correlation.

What I tried to say was that they are not meeting any objective by touching just Dornakal. It should have been a Hyd-Wgl-Vjwd-Chen.

Do you own land in Anantpur?? :eek:kay:
I cant see any scenario where Anantpur will be the capital when there is a division..

·
--
1,723 Posts
^^ yep.. most likely candidates are Vizag or Vijayawada... But somehow the hyd-vijayawada-chennai route makes sense from a feasibility point of view. Anyone who has tried to book a train or bus ticket last minute from hyd to vijayawada or vice-versa will confirm that!

If it can cut down the travel time from the current 5 1/2 to 2-3 it will help Vijayawada enormously!

·
Banned
313 Posts
^^ yep.. most likely candidates are Vizag or Vijayawada... But somehow the hyd-vijayawada-chennai route makes sense from a feasibility point of view. Anyone who has tried to book a train or bus ticket last minute from hyd to vijayawada or vice-versa will confirm that!

If it can cut down the travel time from the current 5 1/2 to 2-3 it will help Vijayawada enormously!
HSR are designed in India to commute at Speed Levels of 300 - 350 Kilo Meters Per Hour (KMPH) . So from Vijayawada commuters can reach Hyderabad within 1 Hour.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
http://www.sakshi.com/news/district...eed-rail-study-411406?pfrom=home-latest-story

'హైస్పీడ్ రైలు అధ్యయనంలో విజయవాడను చేర్చండి'
Sakshi | Updated: October 14, 2016 18:58 (IST)
న్యూ ఢిల్లీః ప్రతిపాదిత మైసూర్-బెంగళూరు-చెన్నై రైల్వే కారిడార్ మార్గంపై అధ్యయనాన్ని ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్*లోని విజయవాడ నగరానికి పొడిగించాలని భారత రైల్వే మంత్రి సురేష్ ప్రభు జర్మన్ రవాణా మంత్రి అలెగ్జాండర్ డాబ్రింట్*ను కోరారు. భారత రైల్వే మంత్రి అభ్యర్థన మేరకు జర్మన్ రవాణా మంత్రి మూడు రోజుల పర్యటన నిమిత్తం మన దేశానికి వచ్చారు. ఈ నేపథ్యంలో రైల్వే నెట్*వర్క్ అభివృద్ధికి సంబంధించి ఇరు దేశాల మధ్య పలు కీలక చర్చలు శుక్రవారం ఇక్కడి రైల్వే భవన్*లో సాగాయి. ఏప్రిల్ 2016లో సురేష్ ప్రభు జర్మనీలో పర్యటించినప్పుడు రెండు దేశాల మధ్య రైల్వే రంగంలో సహకారానికి ఒప్పందం కుదిరింది.

ఈ నేపథ్యంలో అలెగ్జాండర్ డాబ్రింట్ మన దేశానికి వచ్చారు. రైళ్ల వేగం పెంచడం, ప్రయాణికులు, వస్తువుల రవాణా లైన్ల సామర్థ్యాన్ని పెంచడం, హైస్పీడ్ రైళ్లు, స్టేషన్ల ఆధునీకరణ తదితర అంశాలపై విస్తృత చర్చలు జరిగాయి. దేశ రైల్వే మంత్రి సురేష్*ప్రభు సూచనల మేరకు భారత రైల్వేలో ప్రమాద రహిత మిషన్ లక్ష్యంగా రైలు సేవల్లో భద్రత అంశంపై ఇరు దేశాల మధ్య సంయుక్త కార్యాచరణ బృందం ఏర్పాటు చేయాలని ఈ సమావేశంలో నిర్ణయించారు. అలాగే గంటకు మూడు వందల కిలోమీటర్లకు పైబడి వేగం గల హైస్పీడ్ రైల్వే కారిడార్ ఏర్పాటుపై జర్మనీ రైల్వే విభాగం అధ్యయనం చేయాలని గతంలో భారత రైల్వే శాఖ ప్రతిపాదించింది.
మైసూరు-బెంగళూరు-చెన్నై కారిడార్*లో ఈ హైస్పీడ్ రైల్ కారిడార్ ఏర్పాటుకు ఈ అధ్యయనం ఉద్దేశించింది. అయితే ఈ ప్రతిపాదనలో కొత్తగా ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్*లోని విజయవాడను కూడా చేర్చాలని రైల్వే మంత్రి సురేష్ ప్రభు తాజాగా జర్మనీ మంత్రిని కోరారు. మైసూరు-బెంగళూరు, చెన్నై-విజయవాడ కారిడార్ వల్ల ప్రాంతీయ అభివృద్ధికి ఊతం లభించడమే కాకుండా దక్షిణ భారత దేశంలోని ముఖ్యమైన రాష్ట్రాలు అనుసంధానమవుతాయని సురేష్ ప్రభు అభిలషించారు. అధ్యయనంలో విజయవాడను కూడా చేర్చాలన్న తాజా ప్రతిపాదనను విన్న జర్మనీ మంత్రి సానుకూలంగా పరిశీలిస్తామని హామీ ఇచ్చినట్టు రైల్వే శాఖ వర్గాలు తెలిపాయి. ఈ అధ్యయనం 2017 జనవరిలో ప్రారంభం కావాల్సి ఉంది. ఈ అధ్యయనానికి వ్యయాన్ని జర్మనీ ప్రభుత్వం భరిస్తుంది.

Vijayawada likely to be included in study for High Speed Rail corridor
Proposed rote: Mysore- B'lore - Chennai- Vijayawada
Germany likely to commence study in Jan 2017
Germany will bear the cost of the study!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts