SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 685 Posts

·
23,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Devine have submitted an application for a tower at the corner of Margaret and Albert Streets.

Application number: A002982245

Just trying to work out the specs from the hard to read plans.

Height = 129m/37st
Use = 420 Residential units (1 bed and 2 bed units only) + retail and a very small amount of office.

IMO it is very Q1esk without the spire.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think they should have a minimum height in the inner city, 200m would be good :)

Why don't they build taller towers? we want taller towers !!!

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I like it. Looks like a nice filler.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Better than a smack in the mouth. But a wasted opportunity to have a very dominating skyscraper that would be visible for miles.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Not too bad on paper, though of course will all come down to the materials used... Which, for Devine, never holds too much promise (at least for their resi projects...)

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
It doesn't look too bad...on the render at least.

Part of the development includes the removal of the gradient in Beatrice Lane, which is heritage listed, so I wonder if that might cause issues... They will be keeping and reinstalling the embedded Brisbane Tuff, but it is still possible it might become an issue...

·
New Urbanist
5,487 Posts
^^ I kind of agree about the red stripes looking dated already. They should make them horizontal LED lighting. Would look amazing at night, like the Hard Rock hotel Macau.

·
6,419 Posts
I actually dig the red bands, reminds me of the ING Building over on Edward Street. Anyway here are a few additional fun facts I noted from the DA:

Height: 129.2m
Ground level: 4.2m AHD
Site Area: 2,007.5sqm
Floors: 5 underground, 37 above ground
Apartments: 420
Gross Floor Area: 33,585sqm
Parking: 246 cars, 129 bikes
Lifts: 4 (2 of which stop at level 20)

1 - 20 of 685 Posts