SkyscraperCity banner

681 - 685 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a difficult situation for the developers, but comprises can't be made as you need to take into account the overall structural integrity of the tower if it were to be built so close to the rail network. Personally I think if it had been approved years ago it would've most definitely affected the planning process of cross River rail. There's too many things at play, not to mention Brisbane's oversupply of empty apartments inner city. I don't like seeing an empty plot right there either however the longer we wait the better the results will be. I still hope that there is a way to integrate this tower into cross River rail but as the tunnel progresses I don't see that as possible. Next hotels above Queen Street bus interchange has direct access from the platform? Perhaps by the time this conundrum is over the building height limit in Brisbane is raised ? Brisbane has so many opportunities but there's still not enough infrastructure. I'd say after the construction of CRR we will see an increase, currently not enough ways to get through inner city with ease.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Next hotels above Queen Street bus interchange has direct access from the platform?
Next Hotel has its own little platform in the QSBS for tour buses, but it doesn't have direct access to any other PT platforms in there. And even then, I don't know if Next's own platform is still able to be used, given the amount of BCC Buses that utilise that interchange.

·
23,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Yeah, you aren't going to see direct access here. It really has to be done at the same time, not after.

681 - 685 of 685 Posts