1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Application #A005317843
Developer: QLD Teachers Union Health Fund Ltd
Architect: Cottee Parker

33 storeys (within a 30 storey envelope)

This application seeks a Development Permit for Material Change of Use (and associated building work) to facilitate a mixed-use development involving the following uses:

• Office (GFA 43,513m2)
• Multiple Dwelling (148 units)
o 55 x 1 bed
o 75 x 2 bed
o 18 x 3 bed
• Short Term Accommodation (111 units)
• Function Facility
• Child Care Centre (up to 75 children)
• Shops (including a 1,155m2 supermarket)
• Sales Office
• Service Industry (<100m2)
• Food and Drink Outlets
• Bars
• Hotel

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
Is TUH staying on the site once complete?
Good question, considering that TUH are behind the application.

I'm about to have a good look through this one, but on the surface it looks pretty promising. I've been concerned about Donegal Flats being vacant for some time, so any redevelopment that corrects that situation I will support.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Pair of towers proposed for St Pauls Tce site in Fortitude Valley

Two inner-city heritage-listed buildings will be incorporated into the design of a proposed double high-rise.

A COMBINED hotel, apartment and office complex spanning two separate towers has been proposed for an inner-Brisbane site where two heritage-listed buildings currently sit.

The new development on 426-442 St Pauls Tce, Fortitude Valley, would have over 43,000 sqm of office as well as a hotel and apartments. Picture: Cottee Parker/PD Online.
The new development on 426-442 St Pauls Tce, Fortitude Valley, would have over 43,000 sqm of office as well as a hotel and apartments. Picture: Cottee Parker/PD Online.
Plans have been released showing the two proposed buildings on St Pauls Tce, Fortitude Valley, reaching 100m and 74m into the air.

The design document by Cottee Parker Architects shows how the heritage-listed buildings currently on site, Donegal Flats and Abbeyville, would be incorporated into the development, which would be built across a large parcel of land spanning 426-442 St Pauls Tce.

Fire places, cinemas and cellars for luxury tower

Plans for Waltons redevelopment in limbo

Take a 3D ride on a Cross River Rail journey

The taller tower would have 43,513 sqm of office space, while the shorter one would have 111 hotel rooms on lower levels and 148 units above.

Documents also allow for a 1155 sqm supermarket within the building. Both towers would be 30-storeys.

The development is located within walking distance of Fortitude Valley train station and lists the future Cross River Rail station at Exhibition as another major drawcard.

“The location offers links to current and future transport nodes and corridors and has the opportunity to be a commercial, residential and entertainment asset, meeting the needs of a rapidly growing population,” Cottee Parker Architects says in the design document.

“The proposed design retains, respects and celebrates the existing heritage buildings,” the document says.

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
I'm partway through the plans, and I am quite supportive of the proposal. This will do wonders for what is currently a fairly bland stretch of St Pauls Terrace, and what is being proposed is a very nice mixed use project. Its almost like a smaller version of West Village for Fortitude Valley.

Also impressive is the collection of architects, engineers and commercial partners TUH have amassed for this DA. This certainly does not feel like the "flight of fancy" DAs that we have seen a few of in the Valley. TUH means business.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
That's a great looking project! Office, Resi, Hotel, Supermarket, Bar, can't get much more mixed use than that, exactly what the valley needs.

·
23,971 Posts
Looks great.

Just a quick point, it's likely to be more like 135m as the 130m is to roof level and doesn't include any of the structure above this.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great.

Just a quick point, it's likely to be more like 135m as the 130m is to roof level and doesn't include any of the structure above this.

Yes, I could not find the RL for the tip of either building so they are actually a bit taller. Could only see 145.8m & 116.8m for each roof and ~15m for ground.

If anyone can work it out that'd be good

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ That's all I can see as well - they measure to roof level on the plans, not the absolute tip.
Yeah, I estimate 137m and 107m

Office - each level is 4.2m. Roof tip is at least another 1.5 levels - another 6.3m to tip. ~136-137m for office

Resi - each level is 3.0m. Roof tip is at least another 1.7 levels - another 5.1m to tip. ~107m for resid

·
7,957 Posts
Great design and some good features at ground and in the podium, with the mix of hotel, office, resi, shops and a supermarket. This actually reminds me that there is a desperate need for a decent bikeway connection from the North Brisbane Bikeway next to the RBH into the Valley, and St Pauls Tce would be ideal for a protected bikelane.

·
I only buy it for the pic
388 Posts
^^ Agreed!

This development is a really good yardstick for those wanting to see the difference between commercial floor/ ceiling heights and residential/ hotel. About 1 metre per floor which really adds up in taller projects.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts