Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Beirut Towers set for Dubai

by Tamara Walid on Thursday, 26 June 2008 Plus Properties, a Dubai-based real estate developer will build a $125 million skyscraper project in Dubai called ‘Beirut Towers’.

The towers will be located in the International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) in Dubai, the developer said in a statement on Thursday.

“We envisioned the Beirut Towers as a project evocative of Lebanon and are confident that our latest offering will succeed in providing many residents of Dubai especially Lebanese nationals, with a taste of Beirut,” said Georges Chehwane, CEO of Plus Properties.

The towers are designed by consultant Agostine and Rafael in a style that captures Lebanese culture and heritage and will consist of two buildings, Ashrafieh and Verdun, consisting of 23 floors each.

Floors will be named after famous streets in Verdun and Ashrafieh, two of Beirut’s most prestigious residential neighborhoods.

Plus Properties will provide a number of financing options and the use of escrow accounts to potential tenants. The developer did not disclose when construction would begin, or when the project would be completed.

Upon completion, IMPZ will be a cluster of media and production companies. The free zone will incorporates industrial, commercial, residential and community service projects.

The development will stretch over a territory of more than 43 million square feet of land. TECOM is the master developer of IMPZ.

Source
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/523086-beirut-towers-set-for-dubai?ln=en

Location: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25.037831&lon=55.201428&z=18&m=b

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plus Properties launches Beirut Towers

A $125m luxury residential development, Beirut Towers, has been launched by the Dubai-based developer, Plus Properties, within the International Media Production Zone of TECOM. The project comprises of two towers - Verdun and Ashrafieh with 23 Storey each.

Designed by Agostine & Rafael, a renowned consultancy firm, drawing inspiration from the Lebanese culture and heritage, the floors of bot the towers will be named after famous street in Verdun and Ashrafieh, two of the most prestigious residential neighborhoods in Beirut. The names of the floor in Verdun Tower being - Dunes, Bristol, Ain Tine, Koraytem, Verdun 730 and Verdun 732; while that in Ashrafieh Tower are Sursok, Sodeco, Sahet Sassine, Monot, and Abdl Wahab.

The towers feature studio, single and double bedroom apartments on single or duplex floors.
The CEO of Plus Properties, Georges Chehwane, mentioned that the project is an evocative of Lebanon, and is sure to provide residents of Dubai, particularly the Lebanese nationals, with a taste of Beirut.

A number of financing options have been placed before potential tenants by Plus Properties, including the use of escrow accounts.

The dates of commencement of Construction and completion of the project are yet to be announced by the developer. TECOM is the master developer of the project.

The residents can also gain access to major road networks such as Emirates Road, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Khail Road, and landmarks like Dubai Knowledge Village, Dubai Media City, Mall of Emirates, Dubai Sports City and the forthcoming Al Maktoum International Airport, due to the proximity of IMPZ to these locations and landmarks.

On completion, IMPZ, which will stretch over 43million Square Feet of land, would be a cluster of media and production companies, with the free zone housing commercial, industrial, and residential and community service project.

Beirut Towers has already drawn an overwhelming response from international and regional investors during the open house sales launch event, which was held on 1st of this month at the Jumeirah Beach hotel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish someone has told me that before. Apparently they are calling off the project (The start of the contruction is delayed 7 months already and theycannot provide with a starting date). However they insist to keep my downpayment. I am sure that if they cancel the project they must give bac the 100 % of whatever I have paid plus a kind of a fine.
Does anyone knows if the project is still going ahead and what can I do to recover my money?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually Plus Properties are nothing but big thieves.

Beirut towers projects are delayed for years because they want to use buyer’s payments in the bank gaining profit from the monthly interest and protecting them during the financial crisis.

I have already logged a complaint against them with RERA and Plus Properties have been promising to give me my money back for the last 4 months. This project is defiantly cancelled and I suggest that everyone goes through the official channels to get his money back. Be careful not to go deeper and pay them more.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts