·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Type: Commercial
Floor :G+7Podium+29
Finance : HSBC/ADCB/TAMWEEL
Completion :1st Quarter of 2011

Render:

Located in Dubai Maritime city,the world's first purpose built maritime centre,Kensington Krystal will be one of the first freehold commercial projects to be situated on the oceanfront.

Kensington Krystal enjoys a vantage location offering you a spectacular 360° view of the peninsula.With a wide range of high-end business facilities and premium leisure options an office in this prestigious developement would in itself be statement of corporate success.

Facilities:

Spa
Gym
Outdoor Pool
Exclusive Restaurants
Conference Facilities
Executive Lounge

Plot O6: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25.267334&lon=55.270704&z=17&m=b

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts
Fine looking building indeed, pity it isn't at least 20 - 30 storeys taller. The facade is excellent imo.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Where exactly is the Dubai Cruise terminal please? I can never see it on maps or any forums, yet assume its at Port Rashid somewhere?

I've booked a hotel nearby i hope (Four Points Dubai) for 2 nights when i arrive (I'm visiting Dubai for the first time in Dec & joining a 7 night cruise there before a few nights at Atlantis :banana:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where do i find postings on Malls in Dubai?

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Kensington unveils its Dhs2bn signature project at Dubai Maritime City

Kensington, the Dubai-based real estate group, today unveiled 'Kensington Krystal’ a 36-storey tower at a prime oceanfront location in Dubai Maritime City.

Kensington Krystal

Featuring over 1.2 million sqft of built-up area, this 'Grade A’ commercial tower is set to establish Kensington as a premium real estate developer in Dubai.

Designed internationally renowned P&T Architects and Engineers Ltd, Kensington Krystal has already been described as 'The Gem of Dubai Maritime City' by a leading architecture magazine.

Taking its inspiration from the Kensington logo and corporate colours, the building takes the form of a black crystal in the shape of an abstract 'K’.

Situated on the waterfront, the tower offers a host of high-end facilities including a Sky Lounge, conference centre, leisure deck with fitness centre and swimming pool, retail area, a helipad, berths for yatchs and direct access to the marina. In addition, there will be an in-house concierge service provided by a dedicated team of Kensington 'Lifestyle Managers'.

Commenting on Kensington Krystal, Brijesh Bakhda, Director, said 'Our flagship project in Dubai had to be stunning and we believe Kensington Krystal is just that. Kensington Krystal reflects the brand’s core principles – from its outstanding design, the prime oceanfront location and premium facilities. We are very confident that with our competitive pricing policy and the availability of end-user finance, Kensington Krystal will be very well received in the market and will house the corporate offices of leading conglomerates and multinationals.'

With a team of world-class consultants on board, Kensington Krystal is due to be handed over in the first half of 2011.

The tower will be a 'Green Building' and will be certified according to the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Rating System.

Kensington Krystal aims to establish itself as 'The Benchmark of Corporate Luxury'. With facilities that are rarely seen in commercial buildings in the UAE, it would seem that it might have just done so.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I don't think it fits into Maritime City, it would be better built in Business Bay or Jumeirah Village, i like those simple blue-glasses towers much more, looks more elegant.

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts
Agree The-King, this would fit better into Business Bay for sure. Doesn't quite fit here for some reason ... Would sit very well beside G-Tower and G Office too huh. All similar in design, style and cladding :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking the same thing actually the architect of record for the g-tower are the same guys even though g-tower conceptual was done by alex vacha. I heard the G-tower team were just crackin up with the amount of buildings that have copied them either with the colour or design. Apparently the architects of record p&t told the kensington guys that there are no black buildings coming up in dubai and they are the same people working on the g-tower which was the first black building to be announced loool!!!! I personally like the kensington building but the G-tower to me is timeless. I can't wait to see the G once it starts to stand. I heard they finished piling and the construction has started :)

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts
I heard they finished piling and the construction has started :)
Good to hear, can't wait to see it rise! :)

Kensington Krystal, G Tower G Office are awesome designs - clearly right up there with some of the very best in Dubai imo. Stealth!! :D

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
Kensington approached contractors for the Krystal

Kensington Global Investments has invited selected contractors to express interest in a contract to build a commercial tower at Dubai Maritime City.

Known as the Kensington Krystal, the 36-storey tower will be shaped to resemble the letter K and will have the external appearance of a black crystal. The total built-up area will be about 110,000 square metres.

Hong Kong-based P&T Architects & Engineers is the consultant.
Dubai Maritime City is a 2.2 million square metre mixed-use development designed to serve the maritime industry. It is located between Port Rashid and Dubai Dry Docks (MEED 6:7:08).

R

1 - 17 of 17 Posts