SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mackay Alumni
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Leichardt on River is a wonderful development, the next to be launched in Mackay by the developer Martinek (also responsible for Rivage). For those who haven't noticed it's also right next door to The Crown Apartments development. It's been approved as a mixed-use facility, catering for short-term accomodation needs and permanent residents as far as I can tell without having seen the DA. A few key features:

• 60 units + commercial/retail DA approved.
  • Full liquor licence with potential for gaming and 3 bottle shops.
  • Corner allotment 1750sqm with 90m plus frontage.
  • Development stock ready to take straight to the market.
I agree with the developer that this would have to currently be the single best development site in the city. It will over look the Q150 Bluewater Quay (under construction) and, as a corner allotment, look over the city, up and down-stream the Pioneer River and well into Cremorne and North Mackay. I expect that construction wouldn commence in the not-too-distant future, as Rivage has been completed and this has now been advertised for nearly 18 months. The site is also cordoned off with fencing...

The renders below were snapped up from the architects (Reddog) at http://www.reddogarchitects.com/projects/index.php. Another sharp, modern and stark concept, I really hope all future developments along the riverfront will continue to maintain this high standard of design.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice. Looks a better design than Rivage, and definitely better positioned to capture the fuller River views. I think that with River street being closed off now by the Q150, it will make this section of River Street a more secluded and exclusive part of town. Looking forward to see it go up.

·
Mackay Alumni
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Having a closer look at The Crown site a few weeks back, it's clear that this one won't be going anywhere anytime before construction is finished next door. Such a shame as this would be my favourite building planned anywhere in Mackay by a long shot.

·
Registered
297 Posts
oh thats shit, was one of the nicest buildings ive seen planned for this city. Well at least QM looks set to go up and that other DA across the road from lanai looks nice, also there seems to be some plans for a highrise in carlyle st behind the stalled lattitude site, anyone know about this?

·
Mackay Alumni
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ All isn't necessarily lost, some developers like to 'test the waters' and see what sort of dollars they can attract for their proposals. However, in this market I dare suggest this sale is occuring out of necessity :eek:hno:. Wait and see.

Mick, the Carlyle st development is also owned by the developer of Latitude from what I can see. That site is also being sold - http://www.realcommercial.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=5523770&f=0&p=10&t=com&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=17919298&s=qld&tm=1242694780

1 - 8 of 8 Posts