SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Michael Schumacher World Champion Tower

Inspired by the geometrical order of a snowflake and the aerodynamics of a Formula 1 racing car, the tower encapsulates speed, fluid dynamics, future technology and natural patterns of organisation to learn from rather than mimick these elements for beauty.

The lower levels of the tower, have been reinterpreted as a series of wharf apartments, terraced similar to that of cruise ship decks. By widening the base, the tower is anchored into its surrounding water basin similar to the surrounding mangroves and nearby canals. The top Sky villas offer 270- degree views opposite the new cultural district on Saadyiat Island.

The building features an iconic silhouette and a facade characterised by vertical slots with private balconies. A series of reflective fins generates a vertical dynamic and gives the building a constantly changing appearance. The fins track the sun, control the solar shading and dissolve the rationality of the plan into a continuously evolving building volume. The facade’s continuous surface enables curvature with a lot of repetition and the potential for standardisation in the building process. State-of-the-art engineering and innovative materials will be used to aim at achieving a fully sustainable performance.

Developed for clients Vedera Capital|Marasi, completion is expected around June 2011.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You bet. It is one of the 7 towers to be launched by that name. Certainly in line with his 7 titles. The tower is still not launched, though I would be surprised if it is launched with the glitz. Bring on the need for speed.

Guess over time we will see Hamilton Tower and then Kimi Tower and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody actually came up with George Bush Tower, would be classic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The MSWCT ABU DHABI will be the first Wharf Tower in the world. The lifestyle implications for the revolutionary integration of a high-rise tower and a wharf are nothing short of spectacular: yacht owning residents will never have to travel to a marina again as a private berth will now be part of the living environment. The 250m high structure, which emerges strikingly from the water, will offer an exclusive maritime lifestyle in the heart of a thrilling metropolitan location.

Located in Abu Dhabi's buzzing CBD (Central Business District) on Reem Island, every aspect of the tower is a translation of Michael Schumacher's winning values. For instance, the architecture converts the F1 principles of energy, power and speed to create a fluid, smooth and curved structure

Designed by world-renowned architects Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser and Alexander Rieck, the MSWCT ABU DHABI will be a truly advanced building. Thanks to pioneering methods the tower will be unique in its integration of structure, space and organisation. We are developing innovative building materials and technology exclusively for this project. Intelligent building systems will work in together with the ergonomic design of the interior to create an efficient, seamless living environment.

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts
A True World Champ: Schumacher OKs Own Dubai Tower, Six More To Come Globally

Posted Today 11:12 AM by Nate Martinez

For a supposed retiree, Michael Schumacher surely has to be one of the busiest around. From helping develop the latest supercars in Italy to endurance testing composite motorcycle helmets and Formula 1 machines around the world, the seven-times F1 world champ has anything but an easy schedule to keep. Most recently, Schumi has helped inspire a new range of uniquely designed business and residential towers by developers Marasi and PYNG that are said to incorporate "the qualities and values that made Michael Schumacher so successful as a racing driver."

The first of seven towers commemorating Schumi's championships, called the Michael Schumacher World Champion Tower, will be located on the Al Reem business district in Dubai and is expected to be completed in June 2011. As part of its design by LAVA Architects, the building encompasses a wharf tower design inspired by snowflakes and F1 aerodynamics with a touch of feng shui. When construction commences early next year, a full luxury marina will be integrated into the tower package as well.

A few years prior to the announcement of his latest venture, Schumacher was given a piece of "The World" ultra-exclusive island development by crown prince, H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. His personal island, a division of "Antarctica," is said to be worth more than $7 million (excluding any development on it).

No word on how much the World Championship residences will go for, but if you happen to be in position to possibly buy one, make sure your new Aston Martin One-77 can fit in the climate-controlled garage.

Source: http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=284&storycode=3124395&c=0

http://wot.motortrend.com/6306927/m...ai-tower-six-more-to-come-globally/index.html

·
Registered
275 Posts
Inspired by the geometrical order of a snowflake and the aerodynamics of a Formula 1 racing car, the tower encapsulates speed, fluid dynamics, future technology and natural patterns of organisation to learn from rather than mimick these elements for beauty.

The lower levels of the tower, have been reinterpreted as a series of wharf apartments, terraced similar to that of cruise ship decks. By widening the base, the tower is anchored into its surrounding water basin similar to the surrounding mangroves and nearby canals. The top Sky villas offer 270- degree views opposite the new cultural district on Saadyiat Island.

The building features an iconic silhouette and a facade characterised by vertical slots with private balconies. A series of reflective fins generates a vertical dynamic and gives the building a constantly changing appearance. The fins track the sun, control the solar shading and dissolve the rationality of the plan into a continuously evolving building volume. The facade’s continuous surface enables curvature with a lot of repetition and the potential for standardisation in the building process. State-of-the-art engineering and innovative materials will be used to aim at achieving a fully sustainable performance.

Developed for clients Vedera Capital|Marasi, completion is expected around June 2011.
Had to wait until the third paragraph for the word 'iconic' to appear. I want to see more 'iconics' in the spiel and also 360, no make that 460, degree sky villa views before I invest. Wouldn't the snowflake geometry melt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It should be on hold indefinitely; another over-priced curved glass tower with green pretensions and a whole lot of hype.
Lets hope that the credit crunch persuades the developer and its concept advisers that you can't really equate selling apartments to handbags and that if you want to be treated seriously, don't go on record as equating yourself to louis Vuitton.
Get serious boys, the party is over.
Good architecture does not necessarily aquate to a higher price. Cut out the expensive branding companies and bring some honest architecture to the ordinary resident.
We are waiting.

·
£€$$ is more
1,882 Posts
Sorry if I have the completely wrong place here but am wondering if there is a thread for the development of the new F1 track in Abu Dhabi. I was wondering where it is to be located and what state it's in currently?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The MSWCT ABU DHABI will be the first Wharf Tower in the world. The lifestyle implications for the revolutionary integration of a high-rise tower and a wharf are nothing short of spectacular: yacht owning residents will never have to travel to a marina again as a private berth will now be part of the living environment. The 250m high structure, which emerges strikingly from the water, will offer an exclusive maritime lifestyle in the heart of a thrilling metropolitan location.

Located in Abu Dhabi's buzzing CBD (Central Business District) on Reem Island, every aspect of the tower is a translation of Michael Schumacher's winning values. For instance, the architecture converts the F1 principles of energy, power and speed to create a fluid, smooth and curved structure.
Add height to title please. I really hope this tower goes ahead, I it's among the best designs in the whole of Abu Dhabi.

And docc, any chance you can rotate you pic? It really annoy's me every time I look at this thread. :D

·
Get Silly!
2,409 Posts
Add height to title please. I really hope this tower goes ahead, I it's among the best designs in the whole of Abu Dhabi.

And docc, any chance you can rotate you pic? It really annoy's me every time I look at this thread. :D
Forget one of the best designs in Abu Dhabi. This is one of the best designs in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts