- PROPOSED 26-STOREY MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
CONTAINING 149 MULTIPLE DWELLINGS, TWO
COMMERCIAL TENANCIES AND 231 CAR PARKING
BAYS – REQUEST FOR BONUS PLOT RATIO

LANDOWNER: Heyspring Pty Ltd
APPLICANT: MacCormac Architects
ZONING: (MRS Zone) Central City Area
APPROXIMATE COST: $25 million

"The proposed development contains a mix of two-bedroom, two-bedroom plus study and three-bedroom apartments ranging in size from 72m² to 144m²."

Grounds for Bonus Plot Ratio
As justification for the additional 3.6% bonus plot ratio being sought, the applicant
proposes an area of public space with a public art focus within the Adelaide Terrace
setback area.
A combined area of 94m² will be provided with direct access to the two proposed
ground floor commercial tenancies.
While the space will be well defined and accessible for the public the Scheme
requires new buildings facing Adelaide Terrace to be setback from the street and
incorporate landscaped forecourts to create an open, spacious character. Concern is
raised whether the space is of a sufficient scale to consider it providing a public
facility, rather than just a forecourt area, leading to a reduced level of public use to
warrant the plot ratio bonus.

CONCLUSION:
The Committee’s comments on the bonus plot ratio and the design elements of the
proposal are requested. In particular the following issues are required to be
addressed:-
• The appropriateness of the proposed public space for a plot ratio bonus of 3.6%;
• The proposed design of the roof and its contribution to the overall design of the
building and the City skyline;
• The impact of the height of the boundary walls accommodating the car parking
levels on the adjoining properties.

·
16,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who don't know this is firearms stg2. I guessed the 80m height too. Could be higher or lower. Who knows???

Another MacCormac job, hmmm I expect a white box with a stupid podium, going off the councils' report. The tower is set back too, something I really hate athough I have not seen the design yet.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Mustve had a pretty shit roof, if that needs to be redesigned

·
Registered
812 Posts
^^ Are Mac Cormac finally getting their act together or did they go with another architect?

On another note all the land is cleared and fencing is up for stage one. Should be UC shortly.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
No wonder why the roof had to be redesigned, very prominent, Brings something different to the city.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah its not that bad, adds some more density... critical mass. Street activation looks pretty lame.. if its on Adelaide terrace I can't understand why these developments dont have more of a podium with street level retailing and dining? Would be fantastic to see some cafes emerge spilling onto a tree-lined street!

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
Nice. Will look good near Elevation. I can see this area turning out quite well, far better than i expected.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts