Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that we dont have a thread for this one

Address:111 George Street,33 Charlotte Street,54-62 Mary Street
Developer:QIC
Architects:bureau proberts
Da no.: A004868389
BD article :https://brisbanedevelopment.com/qic-submits-proposal-for-cbd-the-triplets-and-62-mary-street/

QIC has submitted a development application for the refurbishment of three existing CBD commercial towers at 111 George Street, 33 Charlotte Street and 54 Mary Street as well as the construction of a new 42 level commercial tower at 62 Mary Street.

·
25,837 Posts
I quite like this one and Keen for it to get moving.

Hopefully the economic environment won't slow it down too much.

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
So another proposal that's been approved and the potential to be shelved like the rest. What are the chances of this actually getting up? Any tenancy's?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
So another proposal that's been approved and the potential to be shelved like the rest. What are the chances of this actually getting up? Any tenancy's?
'the rest'.. do you mean the residential towers? Have i missed a glut of other commercial towers which were shelved recently?

This tower is a commercial tower, backed by a equity/superannuation fund who have different intentions and considerations to your typical residential developer.

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
'the rest'.. do you mean the residential towers? Have i missed a glut of other commercial towers which were shelved recently?

This tower is a commercial tower, backed by a equity/superannuation fund who have different intentions and considerations to your typical residential developer.
I probably was thinking more resi's actually but regarding commercial i guess with the recent 360 queen st tenancy change, 343 Albert st selling, and a few 100m+ commy's in the valley being slow to take up tells me they aren't always certain and would require some sort of tenancy to solidify its construction(eg 360 queen st). They may be built by a major corporation, but they wouldn't occupy all floors and 62 - 80 Ann St didn't mess around once Suncorp was on board.

Commy's seem more certain than resi's though and I'm pessimistic :)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
#Proposed: The Triplets Refurbishment & 62 Mary Street - 42st / 184m / office

No development is guaranteed, 343 Albert was always a bit whimsical given the demolition required. I think pessimistic is the wrong attitude, but you certainly need to be pragmatic and a realist about these kinds of things.

Given QIC’s history and ability to deliver, I see this project as a fair chance of proceeding. Market conditions depending

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
^^

Only trouble is that stupid CASA ruling. Having said that, most buildings, even if they are all the max AHD still tend to look different heights depending what angle they are viewed from.

·
25,837 Posts
^^

Only trouble is that stupid CASA ruling. Having said that, most buildings, even if they are all the max AHD still tend to look different heights depending what angle they are viewed from.
CASA wouldn't care about an extra 20 or 30 metres.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
^^

Of course not. I don't know where my mind went. That wouldn't even put it at the maximum. I guess the thought of CASA immediately brought max to mind. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts