thx 4 posting the link;)

must go there next time:happy:

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
Haven't open lagi la....
but opening soon right??

i think the next time i go 2 kl must be opened already :)

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
No exact date yet at the moment...
i thought it would open together with the convention centre??.....or not....

·
abed
826 Posts
szehoong said:
They allow you to feed those beautiful carps there meh? :D
no they don't but last time i curi2 kasi makan roti (and worms, u know those small ones :) whenever the burden kerja kat alstom was 'unbearable.. so to speak..

·
abed
826 Posts
szehoong said:
Hahahaha.....okay......now I know why are those carps so fat and healthy :D
no la.. i wasn't the only one feeding the fish, at that time, 2-3 more kakaks were doing it also. i fed them roti+chitosan, whereas those kakaks fed them roti with mayo.. ha haaa

u know those japs carps were so very tame, u can even pat on their heads.. i called one that was so manja to me 'jc.'

at one time, we (i and the kakaks la) were so concerned as one of the carps were infected (u can tell by the scales..), eventually one doc was involved and convinced the management to send the carp to a vet.. but sadly, it did not make it..

·
abed
826 Posts
you could la.. so long as u make kawan with the guards first la... and those carps, after a while of seeing u with makanan will paham one..

·
abed
826 Posts
MASkargo Flies In Marine Consignment From Cape Town

SEPANG, May 24 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (Cargo) Sdn Bhd (MASkargo), creates another first, this time flying in a special marine consignment on Saturday all the way from Cape Town, South Africa to Aquaria KLCC, the city-centre's first commercial aquarium.

The consignment, which consisted of 365 units, weighed about 430kg, MASkargo said in a statement, here Tuesday.

It said that among the ranges of species were the Skunk Clown Fish, Powder Blue Tang, Ghost Pipe Fish, Ribbon Eel and the Carpet Anenome.

MASkargo said that the marine consignment used the facility of the newly renovated six star Animal Hotel which was introduced in June 1998. The renovation was in line with MASkargo's continuous upgrading of Animal Hotel facilities, which was recently awarded the ISO 14001:1997 certification.

The Animal Hotel is the only one in Asia and one of three such facilities in the world, the other two being in Frankfurt and Amsterdam.

Senior General Manager (Cargo), Datuk JJ Ong, said in the statement that the aquarium is one of the biggest aquarium projects in this part of the world which was undertaken by Aquaria to be based in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).

"We are pleased that they appointed us the exclusive rights to bring down exotic marine species such as Devil Lion Fish and Bigeye Trevally from South Africa and Sri Lanka," he added.

MASkargo, the air cargo division of Malaysia Airlines, operates two owned and six leased B747-200 freighters and its freighter services currently cover KL International Airport (KLIA), Penang, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Osaka, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Bangalore, Bangkok, Dubai, Taipei and Tokyo.

In Europe, MASkargo destinations include Amsterdam, Frankfrut, Manchester and Basel. It also offers belly space capacity on Malaysia Airlines passenger fleet serving almost 100 destinations worldwide.

-- BERNAMA

·
Registered
64 Posts
according to http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=51017 :

"Come 12 June 2005, Kuala Lumpur’s [email protected] will open its doors to the public. Located at the new Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, this 60,000-square feet aquarium will allow visitors to enjoy rich marine life without getting wet. Before you snub us for drifting away from PDA news, this new attraction in KL will offer an interactive experience for visitors via handhelds on loan! In fact, there will be a Mobile Help Centre that provides support and information services for wireless devices like mobile phones, PDAs and even laptops! It’s remarkable how our friendly neighbor embraces mobile technology. About time Singapore does some catch up in this area. There aren't any tourist attractions locally with such an implementation."

1 - 20 of 163 Posts